1960 Edsel Starcruiser

Started by zenrat, January 21, 2015, 03:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

What if Ford had continued with the vertical Edsel grille design on 1960?
If they had, and if one had been mildly customised then it might look something like this.

I've grafted the grille and centre bonnet section from an AMT '58 Edsel onto an AMT '60 Ford Starliner.
I also trimmed down the body work and shaved the scripts and trim.
Front bumper is cut down Ford.  Rear is Edsel.  Rear lights are The Parts Box '59 Caddy lights in aluminium bezels.
Edsel headlights behind scratchbuilt tube grilles.
RHD conversion and interior hand painted in stripes with Vallejo acrylics.
Flame masks from Lazy Modeller.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

McColm

PR19_Kit

That is SUPERB Fred.  :thumbsup: :bow:

The concept is excellent, and if the earlier Edsels had sold better I can imagine that's just how a '60 would look, using the major parts of the shell from the 'Straight Ford' production line.

But the detail work is the BUSINESS! Your grafting of the grille and stuff is flawless, not to mention the green/green colour scheme. I'm overawed.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Nice :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup:
Green and Flames  :o
and Edsel  :cheers:
lovely job (nominated for the whiffies :thumbsup:)

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Now that is the business. You have caught the majority of the Edsel 'taste' with the side trim. nose and taillights. The mild custom touches are perfect. Bravo! The 1960 Edsel Dreamcruiser lives. :bow: :bow:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Didn't Ford come up with an Edsel concept car not all that long ago? Bells are ringing somewhere...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Very nice. Would certainly turn a few heads, and have others scratching theirs ! Love the colour combo. Love that look. The desrt scene looks like somat out of the series Breaking Bad. I can see a few Mexican bad guys driving it  :thumbsup:

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

martinbayer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2015, 09:31:05 AM
Didn't Ford come up with an Edsel concept car not all that long ago? Bells are ringing somewhere...........

Kit,

you're probably thinking of this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unclegal/3078675883/in/photostream/

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

I certainly was Martin, thanks very much. Well remembered.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

eatthis

Quote from: martinbayer on January 21, 2015, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2015, 09:31:05 AM

Kit,

you're probably thinking of this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unclegal/3078675883/in/photostream/

Martin

ARRRGGHHHH MY EYES!!!  :blink:
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

zenrat

Thanks folks.
The "desert scene" was the first patch of sunlight I saw outside my shed.  It's the top of the bund wall that prevents the pond from filling the shed when it rains hard.  It works well though so it'll be used again.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

Fred... A super sweet ride and the mods are so subtle they look like they was always there .. just the way its meant to be ,, nice mate ...really nice  <_< 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred