Aussie HH-3-Finished !

Started by Captain Canada, January 22, 2015, 06:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Can't recall who said to finish it this way. But I like it so far. Looks like a Marines VIP bird right now. I might throw a couple of Sea Skua missiles on it as well. Either where the tanks go or up front where the 'real' Sea King carries them.

BTW-what colour was the RAN Sea King back in the day ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Uppers white (high waterline), lower sides/flanks Light Gull Grey (FS 36440).

Captain Canada

Thank you sir ! I was kinda hoping it was blue like the old CDN Trackers and Sea Things. But I'll keep it real.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

I am only aware of the USN style livery - and later they became all loviz grey.

But there seem to be UH-1's that look interesting... these seem to offer the right look!  :rolleyes:

Captain Canada

The scheme for the Huey is new to me ! Nice. The numbers look huge. I like the door gun, look's like the window is out which instead of opening the door.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 22, 2015, 06:14:58 AM
Can't recall who said to finish it this way.
This way or another, but please finish it (someday), this looks like a wonderful model...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Thanks Tophe ! I'm on my days off right now. I'd be working on it at the moment if it weren't for those meddling kids. It's exam time so they aren't in school full time, and the wife is off today as well. So it's house cleaning and other assorted domestics instead of model building !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

There we go....looking a little more RAN now !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Ah, classic Seaking style!?

Captain Canada

Ya why not. I wonder why more Navies didn't use them ? Seems to me it would have been handy to have the rear door and the extra capacity etc., while still having all the commonality.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

AFAIK the HH-3 wasn't amphibious like the Sea Kings were. Maybe that was a good reason?

The Royal Navy has, or is in the process of, taking over the RAF's Merlins which differ from their Naval counterparts in having a rear ramp. History repeating alternative history?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Could be ! Makes sense tho. I always add floatation bags to marine type helos, but I guess that's not the same as a full amphib ! Had never really thought of it tho, to tell you the truth.

PS-I wish the RAF had kept their Merlins, so the Navy could keep their Sea Kings !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 24, 2015, 07:03:13 AM

PS-I wish the RAF had kept their Merlins, so the Navy could keep their Sea Kings !

The Navy already had their non-ramped Merlins, and their Sea Kings are almost worn out, poor things.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2015, 07:19:59 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on January 24, 2015, 07:03:13 AM

The Navy already had their non-ramped Merlins, and their Sea Kings are almost worn out, poor things.

A Navy rescue Sea King came thundering low over my parents house in Carlisle a couple of hours ago.  It was LOUD but otherwise seemed to be in good health
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

But Commando Merlins just won't be as cool as Sea Kings ! Mind you, the Merlin is pretty cool as well. I loved seeing the RN one at Waddo ( being used to seeing the RCAF SAR birds at home ) it just looked so sinister up there in the sky....but the Sea King will always have top spot in the helicopter world for me. Just a classic in every way. Looks like a proper helicopter to me.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?