AMX International - 'Ideas Vault'

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, January 22, 2015, 12:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

...So, we are getting a 1:48 AMX at last, thank you Kinetic.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48026

With this excellent news, I thought (if it's OK by you guys), that I'd begin a sort 'repository' for any AMX ideas and suggestions in this one thread. I've looked all over the site here and found all sorts of references over the years, ranging from re-engining to 'when are we getting a kit ?' to what-should-have-beens and my personal favourite... Colour schemes.

So would anybody care to contribute some ideas, doesn't matter to me if we've seen them before, to the AMX International Ideas Vault ??

Over to you guys....

Ian.

ps:
some of folks here won't know me because I haven't been posting here for a while... I live (now) in New Zealand, that may be a clue to one of my planned/potential AMX builds
[/i] ;)

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Gondor

How about colour schemes used by the Bae Hawk 200

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on January 22, 2015, 12:30:35 PM
ps:
some of folks here won't know me because I haven't been posting here for a while... I live (now) in New Zealand, that may be a clue to one of my planned/potential AMX builds[/color]
;)

Who's this new guy?

Id be even happier if it was in the one true scale.

Good to see you showing the face around here again Ian ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Go4fun

I wonder how it would look in the Penske Trans Am racing paint scheme used on the AMX autos?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on January 22, 2015, 12:30:35 PM

some of folks here won't know me because I haven't been posting here for a while... I live (now) in New Zealand,

'You must be one of the newer fellows'  © Bing Crosby to Frank Sinatra in 'High Society'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Argentinian or would the Brazilian connection screw that ? Greek ? If so a weatherer;s delight. Finnish, Swiss ?

A naval version ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Swiss would be cool. Or Austrian, along with the Eurofighter?

Mossie

Maybe ETPS like the Gripen, standard Italian camo with blue fin?

Private company, such as Draken International, ATAC, Top Aces etc.  Some funky aggressor schemes possible.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Quote from: Martin H on January 22, 2015, 01:45:45 PM

Id be even happier if it was in the one true scale.

SECONDED!  :wacko: and I do NOT mean 1/200.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

comrade harps

AMX - Argentina Mexico X

or my favourite (as it would be in the 1:truescale): BMX - Brazil Mexico X
Whatever.

pyro-manic

Any Jaguar, Skyhawk or Super Etendard user, or a replacement for Hunters. Kiwi, Singapore, Nigeria, Oman, Denmark. French/Argentine/US/Royal Navy, etc. All-black "The Saint" 16 Sqn. Red Arrows/Frecce Tricolore/Patrouille de France etc. Blue Angels? Black with white wingtips (like the Qinetic Alpha Jets), or a NASA test scheme... :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Old Wombat

Royal Australian Marines Reserve, modified for light-carrier use. :thumbsup:

Possibly tasked as a dedicated COIN platform &/or supplementing AV-8's in the CAS role.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Two seaters as a fast FAC with lots of rockets for target marking.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise