Trans Am ,,ummmmm

Started by Wardukw, January 27, 2015, 08:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

I am known by some in here as a tank man ,,,armoured vehicles are what i do but its not the only thing i do ,,i still like to muck about with cars too but like most things i cant leave em alone .
Many years ago i was given the remains of a Trans Am funny car dragster ,,was missing some parts but most was there ,,but ..no front wheels ..no windows..no front suspension and no engine .
One afternoon i was sitting at my desk i was going thru the car bits box and started to build some sort of a plan ..then i found some F1 wheels ,,two sets in fact so theres the wheels ..found more than enough bits for an engine so the brain was let loose ..this is the result so far ..
Be warned ,,,, lots of pics ....

Those front and rear guards look strange dont they ? ,,well they should ,, not 100 hundred percent sure but i think they of a 50's era Chevy pickup ..now the front guards are off the rear and the rears are now the fronts  :lol: and with the way this thing sits they work brilliantly.
I moved the engine back for one mayor reason ...this thing is four wheel drive .

The wing is made up from the kits wing and parts from some old Tamiya race car ...of course the guards and the wing have been extensively modified .

The entire front suspension is custom built ,,i used parts from a heap of model cars and i have no clue what they used to be  :smiley:

The rear suspension is the same as the front ,,custom built and still needing some cleaning up and details added .

Now to the engine ... this is a 680 cube supercharged twin turbo big block V8 and built entirely from bits and pieces ..

The turbos are yet to be fitted as i cant decide where i want them to go ...either stuffed in the wheel wells or mounted in front which is where they probably will end up .

Phill
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Nice.  It has an anime vibe about it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Now you mention it i can see it but in away this was always going to be something like that ...its just too out there but i think thats why i am liking it as much as i do .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

So where does the pilot go?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Grunty!  Mad Max moved state-side?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Wardukw

Gondor ,,The pilot is going to sit right up hard against the right hand side rear wheel well ( looking at it from the front ) .
I have the position checked and he will fit  <_<

Mossie ,, I guess so  ;D ..i didnt want this to look normal and so far so good .

Phill 

Paul

Wonderful! Your skills to "scratch" are great!  :bow:

Captain Canada

That is one neat looking beast ! Great job in the details as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Cool a Trans Ummm;D

As to the turbos, mount them horizontally, above the headers, to either side of the engine.
The more confusing piping the better.  ;D

Wardukw

Paul ,, Captain ... Cheers guys  <_< i do enjoy this sort of building ..the closer it is to real the better .

Jon .... i was thinking the same but since i am building this as if it could be built as a real car and on drag cars they mount to the front ..the more air the better and it would mean more body mods  :lol: and i was looking at your suggestion a while back and i there aint the space now ..but ya never know hehe

Phill