ECTO 1 ,,not anymore .

Started by Wardukw, January 27, 2015, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

And right there is the problem Fred..the bloody cost these days.
Like id need of course the 59 Caddy..a pro stock car and a top fueler and thats just thr start.
Then theres seats..a dash and so on..would be a $400+ model when done..so yeah more than likely not going to happen anytime soon.
McColm mate your lucky you've got one..if ya had to buy another i think your wallet would suffer now.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

With the price hikes most of kits, I think it's best if I stick with my stash buying the odd spare parts as and when needed.

Wardukw

Bloody good idea McColm mate..prices today are just on another level.
I had a Monogram B29 when i was a kid and i saw one from Revell in 48th..its the same kit just rebranded ..the price ..$375nz..holy crap pickles dude.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 04, 2022, 06:56:38 PM
Bloody good idea McColm mate..prices today are just on another level.
I had a Monogram B29 when i was a kid and i saw one from Revell in 48th..its the same kit just rebranded ..the price ..$375nz..holy crap pickles dude.
I had one of those, it was a secondhand kit, I sold it to a mate of mine who uses it as a weather vane on top of his shed in his garden as his wife wouldn't let it in the house!

Wardukw

Mine tryed to kill me one night..i used to have hundreds ..well maybe not hundreds but there would at least a hundred ..of planes hanging from the ceiling in my bedroom..yup my bedroom was very big..and i loved laying in bed looking up at the planes.
Well one night the string which the plane hung from snapped..the 29 dived bombed me and hit my square in the side of my temple..smashed the entire nose of the plane and cut me pretty good too and that was the end of that..i put my B36 in its place   ;D
I had all of Monograms big plane range back then cause they were cheap as hell..i got the B36 for less then $80 back thèn..that was three weeks of money i earned to get it..fact every cent i made went into buying planes and the strange thing is i miss those models even to this day.

PR19_Kit

Oh, so as the B-29 didn't QUITE kill you, you swapped it for a B-36 so that could have another go at you????  :o

That doesn't sound TOO much of a good idea to me...............  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 05, 2022, 01:53:37 AM
Oh, so as the B-29 didn't QUITE kill you, you swapped it for a B-36 so that could have another go at you????  :o

Mines a bit too heavy to hang from the ceiling, I've packed a lot of nose weight to stop it from being a tail sitter!

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 05, 2022, 01:53:37 AM

;D well ill clarify this a wee bit  :lol:
I already had the B36 and it was hung in another spot so qhen i moved it i used some .75mm fishing line i nicked of my dad and just put it on the same hook..that never broke  :thumbsup:
It was so cool laying in bed looking up at this massive plane and yes i still want another one but in this case common sense is working here..im having enough trouble finding space for the planes i already have  :lol:

Wardukw

Ok this car has been bugging me and a while back i talked to Fred about prices..well qith a new sources for bits amd bobs ..ie engines..there is now new plans afoot.
Since the caddi is just to damn expensive now i am open to other ideas but i still wanted a estate/stationwagon car.
Well i am now looking at a Chevy Nova ll ..built alone the same lines as the caddi..pro streeted and with a monster engine but heres were things go mental.
Twin turbos..super charged V8 ..thats very doable but my concerns are the Novas size..not sure it would fit and i want Ecto 2.0 to be even better than the first.
It be so much easier with the Caddie..it has the space..maybe ill have to save and waste $100 nz to get one.

zenrat

How about a Chevelle wagon?
Revell did a '66 and AMT did a '65.

The Revell is the better (newer, more detail, not an ex promo mould) kit but if you are just going to use the body then the AMT will suit your purposes as it's external detail isn't bad.

Here's a '65 I made earlier.
65Chevelle010 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376527@N06/sets/72157683764394581/with/35086741213/
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Wardukw

Oh i think your on to something there Fred..i like the Chevelle and it is bigger than  Nova which makes like easier.
I do like Revell more than AMT ..the plastic is more defined and doesnt feel good..and the windows are super thick ..ill hunt down the Revell kit but if i cant find it the AMT one will have to do..cheers for mate  :thumbsup:
As for your build..nailed it again ..looks freaking epic bud  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Well after a bit of a hunt it would seem theres not a single Chevelle station wagon for sale anywhere in NZ..every single place i checked out had the exact same words..out of stock.
I can get a Chevelle pro street sedan from AMT so thats something else i could look at .

zenrat

There are few station wagons produced in scale and even fewer large ones.
Revell did do a 2000 and something Dodge Magnum.  Probably just as hard to find one of them though.

Nothing else springs to mind except maybe one of these;

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit