Two seaters versus single seaters

Started by PR19_Kit, January 30, 2015, 10:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

When you look at a lot of the Soviet trainer conversions they could only have happened on that side of the Iron Curtain. Completely different philosophy
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Quote from: McColm on February 01, 2015, 01:16:47 AM
And yet the F-111 and the A-6 were both two seaters and not branded hideous as well!

Those were both designed as side-by-side two seaters from the start, and are wide enough to accommodate. The Lightning and Hunter are both sleek and narrow, and jamming a side-by-side twin cockpit on gives them both an incredibly ungainly, bug-eyed look.

I actually quite like that Mig-9L. It's less ugly than the UTI trainer, in any case...

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

scooter

Quote from: pyro-manic on February 01, 2015, 10:31:59 AMThe Lightning and Hunter are both sleek and narrow, and jamming a side-by-side twin cockpit on gives them both an incredibly ungainly, bug-eyed look.
Same with the F-102A/B.  The A, for all its sluggish faults, looks nice.  The B...what the hell was Convair thinking?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on February 01, 2015, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on February 01, 2015, 10:31:59 AMThe Lightning and Hunter are both sleek and narrow, and jamming a side-by-side twin cockpit on gives them both an incredibly ungainly, bug-eyed look.
Same with the F-102A/B.  The A, for all its sluggish faults, looks nice.  The B...what the hell was Convair thinking?

At least they got their act together when they did the 2 seater Six!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

The two seat Fury is curious. The Iraq version IIRC.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2015, 05:27:44 AM
Quote from: ericr on January 31, 2015, 02:27:34 AM
does this one count?

Absolutely, a wonderful looking aircraft.  ;D

Much better looking than a standard Meteor T7, and maybe better than a standard F8 too.

Not only does the real thing still exist at the Cosford Museum, but Special Hobby do it as a kit, and excellent it is too.

the kit is nice indeed, thanks for the tip, I just improved it (my way) a bit :

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40517.msg684028.html#msg684028