Jmantime videos: American Jet Aircraft of WW2

Started by Weaver, January 31, 2015, 06:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: CANSO on February 05, 2015, 04:28:25 PM
I think this is the right place for the next movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zvkwuGcWC_w
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Depending on which side its on, I wonder how that T-34 will fair against modern armor
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

against MBTs  probably not that well, against scout vehicles, aps/micvs fairly well.
it will also depend on the old crew / maintenance / ammo thing, that's if it not being moved to somewhere, slightly exposed too draw fire.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Another improvised armour video, this time on ISIS vehicles in Iraq. Given that these things are probably only carrying mild steel plate and have huge profiles, they strike me as nothing more than a fast way to get paradise in the face of determined opposition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3vgtLJGjBY&feature=em-uploademail
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Now we know where to go to contact the A Team...

...or is it the work of Mohammad Al-Mcguyver?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Here's a nice recent one...

The Ukraine Army has bought about 75 Saxon APCs. These are ex-British Army vehicles and were withdrawn by Chief of Staff General Sir Richard Dannatt for being "quite useless" and "utterly unsuitable for current operations".
He's right in that these are not good for frontline combat but far better for urban riots, which we used them for in Northern Ireland.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/britain-s-ugliest-cold-war-vehicle-is-back-in-ukraine-154aad7d2179
http://www.army-technology.com/news/newsukrainian-army-receives-out-of-service-british-saxon-armoured-vehicles-4512320

pyro-manic

Hah, I quite like the look of the Saxon. No more fugly than any of the more recent "mine protected" trucks that were de rigeur in Iraq and Afghanistan. I suspect at least some of the thousands of those more modern (and now surplus to requirements) vehicles will end up like this as well...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

zenrat

Yep.  Well done UK government getting in first with this sale.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

A new ISIS armour vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjquU5ZdnUU&feature=em-uploademail

Some of these we've already seen, but some are new. There's a BMP with a Zu-23 on top that's a 1/35th detail-freak's dream...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on April 05, 2016, 04:07:48 AM
Need a link please Weaver

Gondor

Sorry: posted a pic instead of a link and then my screen froze..... :banghead:

Fixed now.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Sri Lankan Tamil Tiger improvised weapons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234gwK6sF3U&feature=em-uploademail

Some interesting stuff: a surprisingly good-looking 6x6 APC, and one that looks like a Saladin armoured car turret on a tracked chassis that I couldn't identify.

- Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on April 14, 2016, 08:27:41 PM
Sri Lankan Tamil Tiger improvised weapons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234gwK6sF3U&feature=em-uploademail

Some interesting stuff: a surprisingly good-looking 6x6 APC, and one that looks like a Saladin armoured car turret on a tracked chassis that I couldn't identify.

They claim the chassis is from "spare parts" but I think it's from a PT-76 chassis of some kind.  I note they also claim that the APCs and Armoured cars were "under repair".  They were clearly Saracen and Saladin chassis and I'd suggest they were being cannabilised to try and get some working.   Perhaps it's where the turret came from?   The vehicle with the Saracen turret is actually very sophisticated looking.   The 6x6 APC is also quite sophisticated looking, although I think I'd rather something better than glass in the glacis for the driver.  Obviously a converted truck but rather well done.  Quite an interesting video.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Quote from: rickshaw on April 14, 2016, 11:32:57 PM
They claim the chassis is from "spare parts" but I think it's from a PT-76 chassis of some kind.

It has four road wheels, which, assuming the chassis hasn't been shortened, rules out just about everything except the Chinese Type 63 (YW531). I'm not convinced though: the hull looks to be a similar shape to the Type 63, but it's much lower.

QuoteI note they also claim that the APCs and Armoured cars were "under repair".  They were clearly Saracen and Saladin chassis and I'd suggest they were being cannabilised to try and get some working.  

He addressed that in the description: he was going to cut that bit out but missed it.

QuoteThe vehicle with the Saracen turret is actually very sophisticated looking.

Certainly gets you thinking about what you could put a Saladin turret on, doesn't it?

Stills:

YW-531:

- Indiana Jones

jcf

After looking at a bunch more YW531 photos I'd say it's a YW531 lower hull with new upper works.

Weaver

Been talking to Logan Hartke about this on BTS. He thinks, and I agree, that what they did was cut a horizontal slice out of the YW531 upper hull to lower it's profile, and then moved the engine to the rear compartment.

- Indiana Jones