RAF Herc at CWHM, Hamilton

Started by Captain Canada, February 06, 2015, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

My pal Tony Hayes posted these pics on FB. They were picking up the loaner Merlin and returning it to the BBMF ! Never seen a green J with the probe. Sweet.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ennobee

Waauw, is that a DC3 there in the background?

Howard of Effingham

thanks captain!

some useful modelling gen there.  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Big Gimper

Quote from: ennobee on February 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM
Waauw, is that a DC3 there in the background?

The DC-3 is a 1944 C-47 still in it's Government markings. This A/C is a D-Day veteran and flew in the RAF as FZ692, It is the actual "Kwicherbichen".

A/C history is here.

Images here.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 06, 2015, 08:21:03 PM
Never seen a green J with the probe. Sweet.

Common as muck around here, usually at around 250 ft and going like the clappers.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Top piccie makes it look as though she's missing an engine ! One for Tophe I think
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I didn't know the history behind that one. Very cool ! Going to look great in those D-Day stripes !

Buffalo Airways is still flying a D-Day vet as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I checked the future events calender at the museum. Lots of stuff going on there. Looks like a fun place to visit.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

The green and white paint job is gorgeous.  Almost a shame to lose it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

There are some interior pics of the C-47. Its been modernized over the years and will be quite a project to get back to real 1945 condition.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise