Time warp F1 car

Started by PR19_Kit, February 07, 2015, 03:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimJ

Great pair of racers Kit.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

While I'm on a roll with my Whiffed slot racers here......  ;D

As some of you will know I'm a Vauxhall fan, being the President of one of the Vauxhall classic car clubs, and one of the most famous racing Vauxhalls was Gerry Marshall's 'Baby Bertha', seen below.

'Baby Bertha' was so named as its mechanicals came from an unsuccessful larger car called 'Big Bertha', rubbish pic below but there are very few good ones around.

I had a spare Airfix Victor Estate kit so I built it into a slot racer, and logically named it 'Midi Bertha'.  ;D As with 'Red 5' and the BART Jaguar the entire colour scheme, apart from the silver base, was done by home printed decals.

There was actually a 'Mega Bertha' but it never ran properly even though it still exists.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Go4fun

I love the wonderful twists you come up with for race cars. 
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Devilfish

Mega Bertha was based on a Cavalier Coupe shell.  The shell still exists (as you say) in, I believe, Ireland.  It is a gorgeous looking thing and such a shame it's not running.

I love your Midi-Bertha.  Racing estate, years before Volvo thought of it!  A 'real' Sports Hatch! :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Devilfish on February 08, 2015, 11:24:45 PM
Mega Bertha was based on a Cavalier Coupe shell.  The shell still exists (as you say) in, I believe, Ireland.  It is a gorgeous looking thing and such a shame it's not running.

I love your Midi-Bertha.  Racing estate, years before Volvo thought of it!  A 'real' Sports Hatch! :thumbsup:

Yes, 'Mega Bertha' is in Ireland and the guy who owns it intends to get it running again, aided by a small block Chevy under the hood.  ;D

DTV ran a couple of FD Victor Estates during their Super Saloon campaign with 'Baby Bertha', as well as two High roof LWB CF vans, all of which had Blydentein 2.6 stroker engines and ZF 5 speed boxes. The vans were painted up with Castrol stripes like 'Baby Bertha' but for some reason the Victors were just plain silver. I just swapped the colour schemes over for my slot racer.  :lol:

I had a pale blue FD Estate at the time and that eventually ended up with the same spec mechanicals the teams cars, a veritable 'sleeper' it was too.  ;D

But the REAL 'Sports Hatch' was one of these :-

A 2.3 Magnum Estate with an HP Firenza nose cone and wheels and a black leather and tartan interior, of which only 197 were made. I had one for many years until a huge tree fell on its garage and flattened it about 20 yrs ago.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..