PLUM 1:72 Shira-Dow III ("Wings of Honneamise"), sprue pics @p.3

Started by Dizzyfugu, February 10, 2015, 02:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

A rather exotic topic (it's anime), but dreams seem to come true after years and years of waiting - 1/72 scale plastic kits of movie's the beautiful fictional fighters were announced by Plum at this week's Wonderfestival.

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/52435/

Hope they don't cost a fortune, but there's a LOT of potential!  :wub:

Librarian

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Librarian on February 10, 2015, 04:14:50 AM
Thanks for the news. My all-time favourite Anime :wub:.

Righteously. Great stuff, not only for aircraft lovers.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kerick

Glad to see some of these anime designs in plastic. Get out and buy some. If they are profitable we may see more. Skycrawlers designs would be great!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Those do look pretty cool ! Love the tall tails and the landing gear layout.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kerick on February 10, 2015, 06:37:26 PM
Glad to see some of these anime designs in plastic. Get out and buy some. If they are profitable we may see more. Skycrawlers designs would be great!

There were Bandai kits... but only a single run, in order to exploit the hype when the anime was on air. Both Sanka (Shinden-thing) and Skyly (conventional contraprop thing) are rare and pretty expensive these days. Have seen some kitbashs, though. I have a 1:72 Skyly in the stash (got it from Australia!), and tried to hunt down a 1:72 Sanka, but that seems to be impossible.
If the WOH fighter pop up, better hit them fast and thoroughly, because there might only be a short opportunity window!

Librarian

If the molds are still extant (Sky Crawlers) then I wonder if Revell might be interested, I'll contact them. They regularly license japanese kits and have an occasional whiff in their catalogue.

zenrat

Bandai wold surely still have the moulds somewhere?
Maybe they'll re-pop them if they see this sort of thing selling.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

pyro-manic

Re-releases of the Sky-crawlers kits will happen eventually, but it might take a long time. Perhaps an anniversary of the movie, or to tie in with a related game or theatrical release.

As for the WoH kits, super news. Though they aren't doing my favourite design from the film, which is this one:

Some of the tanks and other vehicles are pretty cool, too.

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

zenrat

I finally watched Sky Crawlers yesterday.
I wasn't really concentrating on the non flying sections and so missed reading some of the subtitles and so it didn't make a lot of sense.  But the flying scenes were superb.
I'll take a flying wing and one of the "Whale" tankers in 1/72 please.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Green Dragon

The Bandai Slycrawlers kits had working contra-prop gearboxes included. Think the Finemolds 1/48th Sanka had working gearbox too.
Will be wanting a few Schira Dow's from WoH, hope they do the Navy carrier based jet & that enemy bomber soon! Have a lot of parts gathered to try scratch-bashing the Navy jet and enemy bomber but hopefully I won't have to bother.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Dizzyfugu

lancer

So where does an interested mind fond this SKycrawlers movie??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Runway ? ...

Internet fairies, natch.
Or here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sky-Crawlers-Mamoru-Oshii/dp/B00336USI2

Some nice clips on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnnivSgH0Q

iirc You follow replacement pilots arriving at a squadron in an ongoing war and then, spoilers.

Lancer, Thanks for giving me an excuse to switch off The Phantom Menace :)