PLUM 1:72 Shira-Dow III ("Wings of Honneamise"), sprue pics @p.3

Started by Dizzyfugu, February 10, 2015, 02:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Uuuhh...  :wub: Thanks a lot for the heads-up. Got to check HLJ if they have already listed it, too!

Dizzyfugu

HLJ has it on pre-order - and the price tag is surprisingly human! I expected a lot more bucks for it.  :o

http://hlj.com/product/POA38200

Should look very cool in IJA or IJN markings...  :wacko:

Dizzyfugu

The kit had been on pre-order on HLJ.com lately, but this was stopped a couiple of days ago. I got my hands on two... at least one should end up in Japanese WWII colors with hinomaru  ;)
Delivery to commence in July. Curious!  ;D

zenrat

HLJ's ordering system seems to exist in a parallel universe with different rules to ours.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Why? Many Japanese model kits and also other toys like figurines or action figures only have a limited issue time. A pre-order period and a respective stop is pretty normal. I just wonder how big the Honneamise kit run is, and what the normal price will be - if it gets a frequent production run, though.

zenrat

Their grasp of time is very fluid and certainly different to how I understand it.
They also have a different definition of the phrase "In Stock".

I do like the Private Warehouse system though.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

It's a Matchbox kit, all the sprues being in different colours.  ;D ;D

I hope you're as fluent in Japanese as you are in English Thomas or you'll never figure out the paint colours!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2017, 02:05:10 AM
...I hope you're as fluent in Japanese as you are in English Thomas or you'll never figure out the paint colours!

Tell me about it.  Thankfully they use arabic numerals so if you guess the right manufacturer you can look them up and if you guess the wrong manufacturer you get a whiff...

Fred

ChernayaAkula

<...> I hope you're as fluent in Japanese as you are in English Thomas or you'll never figure out the paint colours!

Do you think Dizzy needs painting instructions?  ;D
Thinking about it, have you EVER seen something built by Dizzy that looked like it was built, let alone painted, according to the instructions? :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 31, 2017, 11:20:33 AM
<...> I hope you're as fluent in Japanese as you are in English Thomas or you'll never figure out the paint colours!

Do you think Dizzy needs painting instructions?  ;D
Thinking about it, have you EVER seen something built by Dizzy that looked like it was built, let alone painted, according to the instructions? :wacko:

That's very true, but I suspect this one may be built a bit more OOB than most of his builds.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

While I like the movie very much, I actually am not certain if I build/paint one of these OOB, even though I should. One of the pair will be whiffy, probably classic IJN Green/Grey, but the other...? Maybe I find an alternative, yet authetic, design in the original material that's worth replicating. That worked fine for some Dorvack PAs and Macross kit I have built some time ago.

Dizzyfugu

They are here! Had to fetch the two kits from customs, but they arrived safely.  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Do they charge you duty and stuff for importing stuff like that into Germany?

Regards
Kit