Egyptian (black/white/red) Roundels

Started by GeorgeC, February 10, 2015, 02:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeC

Anyone know a source of Egyptian 'post 72' roundels, the unadorned black/white/red version, suitable for 1/72nd?  I am more looking for a big sheet of different sizes than individual aircraft markings.

Dizzyfugu

Zotz decals did a series of African roundels in various sizes, but IIRC these were collections of several countries, not exclusively Egyptian roundels.

Bungle

Something like these ?

These were by TL Decals (who knows if they are still around) and just called Syrian/Iraqi/Egyptian Insignia reference number 2726
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 10, 2015, 03:05:58 AM
Zotz decals did a series of African roundels in various sizes, but IIRC these were collections of several countries, not exclusively Egyptian roundels.

they did but they are now very hard to get a hold of that I recall.

Keeper of George the Cat.

GeorgeC

Very helpful, thanks.  Of course Agypten doesn't come up on googling Egyptian.... :banghead:

zenrat

Hi-Decal apparently did a set for the Il-28 but I can't find any pics on the interweb.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Bungle

Quote from: zenrat on February 11, 2015, 02:12:24 AM
Hi-Decal apparently did a set for the Il-28 but I can't find any pics on the interweb.

This will be the one....

Set is HDL 72-039

I'm a sad b*****d, I scan all my after market sets for later reference
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

What sizes are you after ?

I have several in my spares box plus this sheet intact from the Italeri Tu-22

If you give me an idea of what you want (or what they are going on to) I'll do you some scans on here and send what you want in the post.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on February 11, 2015, 05:47:54 AM
I'm a sad b*****d, I scan all my after market sets for later reference

Me too!  :thumbsup:

I scan the kit decals as well, just in case.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

You have to be careful with those Arab markings. The roundels are usually ok other than the Iraqi ones because they have three stars on them when the rest don't if I remember correctly. The fin flashes have the most variation, I don't remember all the details and don't have my references to hand so I will add/alter this post tomorrow.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

GeorgeC

Sorry, was distracted by 'reality' - imagine...  Thanks for the very kind offer, but I was being lazy and looking for a 'bulk' solution for a range of aircraft from a whif nation.  I have got my white decal sheets and will go into production myself.