Handley Page Henfield - Gypsum Flats Sky Pirate Lair February 1947

Started by zenrat, February 13, 2015, 02:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 13, 2015, 03:39:43 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 13, 2015, 05:04:24 AM

As for the USAAF's  "obsessively and stubbornly pedantic") classification structure for Light, Medium and Heavy Bombers." I laughed till my ribs ached.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ditto.  ;D  ;D

Ditto, again...  ;D  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

I'm awaiting a response from the committee chairwoman...

:mellow:

Tophe (was it?  it's gone over the page) - this is all from my warped imagination along with some suggestions from Flyer (biplane tail was his idea for example).  Flyer has pointed me in this direction though.

It's a Witteman-Lewis XNBL-1 Barling Bomber which while it wasn't in my head while building does ring a bell or two so and may have been in my subconscious.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Barling designed the Tarrant Tabor in England some years before he did the XNBL-1 which looked very similar. Perhaps some of his UK design team jumped ship to H-P?

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2015, 07:34:11 PM
Tophe (was it?  it's gone over the page) - this is all from my warped imagination along with some suggestions from Flyer (biplane tail was his idea for example). 
So it is confirmed: you are a genius :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

Thanks everyone for all the nice words.  Stop it now please as my head is big enough as it is and I don't want to have to widen the doorways.

Quote from: Tophe on February 14, 2015, 07:22:18 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2015, 07:34:11 PM
Tophe (was it?  it's gone over the page) - this is all from my warped imagination along with some suggestions from Flyer (biplane tail was his idea for example).
So it is confirmed: you are a genius :thumbsup: :bow:

I prefer eccentric.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Outstanding in every way. The cammo is superb and I don't even want to think about the rigging..... :blink:

Very well done!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

p.s. I have a really big motorcycle helmet for sale.......... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on February 14, 2015, 04:17:32 PM
Quote from: Tophe on February 14, 2015, 07:22:18 AM
[So it is confirmed: you are a genius :thumbsup: :bow:
I prefer eccentric.
Let us say "geniusly eccentric", right? (I mean "all right", not "right= sane mind") ;) :lol:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Modelling_Mushi

Brilliant! Best use of 3 Matchbox Heyfords Ive seen for a long time  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  :bow:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks folks.

The real life Captain Fat Hamster has taken to using a photo of his 1/72 facsimile as his facebook avatar.
Fred