1/35th FSBR - Fire Support Boat, Riverine

Started by Old Wombat, February 18, 2015, 01:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

No need for extra thanks, you earned it with that superb model.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

To think this started life as an E-Boat! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Great work, I don't think you've over rusted it for a boat that's undergoing heavy use during wartime.  And what's Snowy done to be old enough to have white hair but only attain the rank of Corporal??? :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on August 06, 2015, 05:11:39 AM
To think this started life as an E-Boat! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Great work, I don't think you've over rusted it for a boat that's undergoing heavy use during wartime.  And what's Snowy done to be old enough to have white hair but only attain the rank of Corporal??? :wacko:

To borrow a USMC term- "Terminal Lance".  ;D  E-4 Mafia skates throughout their career.

As for the model  :thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Thanks guys! :bow:

Mossie: The nick-name Snowy & his hair colour are based on a guy I met in the Navy, back in 1981/82.
           Dude was 6'6"+ tall & 19/20 years old but had this freaky silver-blonde hair, & his nick-name was Snowy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Ah, get you, my uncle had the same thing, although he was completely white at a very young age.

Another thing I meant to ask was about the design of the hull, very unusual, kind of a catamaran but not quite.  Is this your own design or based on something real?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

Hi, Mossie!

The hull form is loosely based on the Hickman sled inverted planing hull.

PS: It should have been much closer but my poor skills as a naval architect & boat builder  led to something more akin to a LTV/LTVP-5.

Mossie

Thanks, that was something I didn't know existed.  Cheers! :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

That is just wicked. Although I`ve given the pics a good perusal i`ll wait until I'm not so fuzzy to give you a few of my thoughts....all good tho !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys! ;D

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 07, 2015, 12:27:42 PM
That is just wicked. Although I`ve given the pics a good perusal i`ll wait until I'm not so fuzzy to give you a few of my thoughts....all good tho !

:wub:

Just keep getting better & we'll all be happy, mate! :thumbsup:

silverwindblade

This is absolutely stunning. I have a huge fascination for small military boats like this, and you've done a superb job with this one. Makes me want to attempt something similar myself at some point; if only space wasn't an issue!
Loved watching it built up from start to finish, and the end result is just beautiful.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Old Wombat

FAR148

Great work :thumbsup: That boat got some serious firepower! Should have name it the "Attitude Adjuster"!

Wicked!
Steven L  :wub:

Old Wombat

Thanks, Steven! Given the quality of your builds, that's a major compliment.

I keep seeing this thing in a scene similar to the AirCav scene from "Apocalypse Now"; hammering full-tilt towards a VC supply village with all guns blazing & Russell Morris' song (The Real Thing) blaring out of a couple of big speakers.

zenrat

And there was me thinking you had Faith No More in mind...
;D

The Parts Box do 1/24 resin speaker cones which would make for nice big units in 1/35.  Ideal for your mental image.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Um ... No. :blink:

On both counts.

Already have the dio in my head for this - plus my PBR 31 Mk.II & a scale-o-rama'd (1/72-to-1/35) Airfix Vosper MTB. :thumbsup: