1/35th FSBR - Fire Support Boat, Riverine

Started by Old Wombat, February 18, 2015, 01:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

However long it takes this will be awesome!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

Oh.....my.........goodness....... :bow:........that is one great peice of work........spanking awesome.......how do i suggest it for a Whiffie...?  The pump/jets deserve one on their own.........

If there are any 1/35 weapons you need i may be able to help you out.....willing to post.......notgot any bofors or M61......but may have some 1/32 20mm MG151's from an old FW190A kit........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Old Wombat

Thanks for the compliments, Ao1! :bow:

I've got all my weapons, thanks.

Wow, a Whiffie nomination? I'd wait until it's finished before I go nominating it for a Whiffie, mate. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Well, near disaster averted ... I think ... So far. :-\

I've finished the M2HB .50 cal's & the M-163 Vulcan turret to bits & sub-assemblies ready for primer & painting before putting it all together. :)

I am in the process of doing the same for the M-42 Bofors turret. While putting a small sub-assembly together hand met liquid cement bottle & over it went! :angry:

All over my work mat (Luckily not onto the dining table. :thumbsup: ) covering various tools in glue & slopping onto the breech units for the guns! :o

Luckily I noticed this & quickly rinsed them off. However, there is glue damage &, of course, most of it's on the outside where it'll be seen. :banghead:

I've smoohed them off a bit & it's not too bad but they are a tab pitted. I'm hoping a couple of rounds of prime-&-sand will fix the worst of it. :blink:

With nerves shot, I'm leaving it for now & checking out here, & playing some computer games.

:cheers:

Guy

kerick

Done that myself! Afterwards I was so ticked off at myself I had to leave it be and come back the next day. Always happens toward the end of a project too. :banghead:

I hope the damage will be unnoticeable.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Well, not as good as I'd hoped but better than I expected. :thumbsup:

Most of the pitting has been fixed but I've lost some small details & a few have become a bit soft but I can live with them, so an acceptable result for a near disaster.

Guy

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Thanks for your concern, folks.! :thumbsup:

Damage is ... well ... damage but progress is progressing &, despite the flaws, the guns are beginning to look pretty damned good, to me. ;)

By the way, having done some more research into diesel engines of the era, I've decided that the power-plants are now 2 x Cummins 460hp diesels (as per the Isreali M-50/M-51), or variations thereof.

Captain Canada

Cool. Does that mean you're going to have the engine hatches open ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not bl__dy likely! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've already driven myself almost mad (not hard from the half-way point, as it's mostly down hill from there) doing detail work on this as it is.

No, that detail is only for the description/stat's block that will eventually go with the final pic's.

Anyway, I got some better advice (I think) for the engines & they'll most likely be turbocharged Cummins VT8-370-M's (thanks to joncarrfarrelly for the info);

Power Rating
Intermittent: 370 bhp at 3,000 rpm
Continuous: 270 bhp at 2,600 rpm

Specific Fuel Consumption
Intermittent: .402 lb/bhp/hr
Continuous: .394 lb/bhp/hr

Oil Consumption: .5 pint/hr

Displacement: 785 cu in
Weight: 2,775 lbs with std accessories

Dimensions w/reverse gear:
5' 9" L X 3' 3" W X 2' 10.5" H

- Jane's Surface Skimmers: Hovercraft & Hydrofoils 1972-73

Firstly because it gives me a specific model to quote & the power range is more realistic for this size boat.

Captain Canada

Sounds good. Look forward to seeing some updates !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

OK, a little proof that something is happening - even if slowly (everything) & badly (my airbrushing).

This is Snowy, he's the Dockside Watch Duty Crewman.

Thanks for watching! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Beauty. Love that hull shape and nice to see it coming together. the side guns look excellent. The turret lineage is really noticeable in these pics. Snowy looks like he's listening to the Bangles  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.