1/35th FSBR - Fire Support Boat, Riverine

Started by Old Wombat, February 18, 2015, 01:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Oh.......wow........what an awesome bit of kit bashing n scale-o-rama......I absolutely love this.......stunning build.....can't wait to see more....... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

That's a neat looking turret. What's it from ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Reminds me of the flamethrower turret from the M113.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

M-113 flame thrower eh ? Off to google we go...

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Speaking only for myself, I can't imagine wanting to have something that spouts fire on the back of a boat. Boats catch fire often enough without tempting fate. And if it does catch fire, where do you run to? :o

I met a fellow who said he was on the Yorktown at Coral Sea. When the Japanese attacked the ship he started running across the deck until he realized he was running out of deck real fast. At that point he decided the best thing to do was to go back to fighting the fires.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on March 07, 2015, 11:40:30 AM
Speaking only for myself, I can't imagine wanting to have something that spouts fire on the back of a boat. Boats catch fire often enough without tempting fate. And if it does catch fire, where do you run to? :o

Totally agree with you when at sea, especially if the sea it'self is burning. Rivers are slightly different in that hopefully you haven't got to far to swim. However some of the occupants of said rivers in S E Asia might make it interesting  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 08, 2015, 03:19:56 AM

Totally agree with you when at sea, especially if the sea it'self is burning. Rivers are slightly different in that hopefully you haven't got to far to swim. However some of the occupants of said rivers in S E Asia might make it interesting  :blink:

Human or with fins/tails?
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

They were very effective in Vietnam. I know I would want one, especially if you needed to hit the beach on foot.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on March 08, 2015, 07:24:11 AM

Fins and tails
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2015, 07:52:06 AM
Quote from: kerick on March 08, 2015, 07:24:11 AM

Fins and tails

...... & TEETH!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Forget the fins, I'd be more worried about with legs!

Sunning.

Cruising.

Feeding.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

The zippo turret is a neat idea but, with 2 x 40mm Bofors, 2 x .50cal's, a 20mm Vulcan & (possibly) a Mk.18 grenade launcher or 2, I think this baby is well-enough armed to look after herself without having to toast it, too.

For those who don't know - the Mk.18 (hand cranked) Grenade Launcher

There has been some movement on the construction front but not much, new job involves shift work which interferes with modelling.

The structure on the port side of the bridge/cockpit is not the helm station, it's going to be the forward below-deck access.

Butt shots, just for Kit;

Captain Canada

Looking good. Thanks for the real pics. That hand-cranked grenade launcher is pretty wild, especially mounted atop the .50 cal !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Thanks, Cap'n!

I'm trying to keep this VietNam era & I've decided to go the waterjet route (unless I start to go further insane trying to scratch build them).

Here are the latest images. I've put the Tamiya PBR hull next to it to give a size comparison. Hope you enjoy them.

:thumbsup:

;D

PR19_Kit

Veeeeeery interesting, and thanks for the pics of the transom.

That's a very different hull form, with a semi-cathedral bow, a flat stern with the strakes. I'd be interested in how that would have worked for real, it surely would have been fast, even at a cost of some slamming over any waves.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit