Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

My Air Traffic Control daughter, she who's the RAF's Best etc. etc. says that the Bear incursions occur on a weekly basis and have done for ages. Quite why the Beeb  makes such a song and dance about it I don't know.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

because it was a slow news day................................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Neat stuff. The 100% original and in no
Way photoshopped pic is pretty cool as well ;-)
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

hmm, I've seen this one too.

what made me smile is the reference to the 'looks like... is in the same class as an F-111'. even the RAAF put theirs OOS a few years back.  ;D

here's hoping the RAF has enough fuel, a/c, air and ground crew, etc to intercept each and every threatening blackjack and bear without fail.  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Makes a change for the BBC to get their aircraft identification right, usually they play the wrong footage

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 21, 2015, 01:08:22 AM
here's hoping the RAF has enough fuel, a/c, air and ground crew, etc to intercept each and every threatening blackjack and bear without fail.  :thumbsup:

Bears are easy.  The crews can even have a spot of tea before launching once radar finds them.  The Blackjacks though, they're trickier, since they're faster.  Maybe reactivate the Resolution class boats with SAMs and an aerostat-mounted air search radar for border defense?

Ok, so its using the Vanguard, but still... ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on February 21, 2015, 04:34:01 AM
Bears are easy.  The crews can even have a spot of tea before launching once radar finds them.  The Blackjacks though, they're trickier, since they're faster.  Maybe reactivate the Resolution class boats with SAMs and an aerostat-mounted air search radar for border defense?

That's what 8 Sqdn. have their Sentries for....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 21, 2015, 07:04:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on February 21, 2015, 04:34:01 AM

That's what 8 Sqdn. have their Sentries for....

Costs more to run though.  Aerostat could be moored by a nuclear reactor and just suck juice up the wire...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Surely you can hear a Bear coming before you pick it up on radar?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2015, 12:23:33 AM
Surely you can hear a Bear coming before you pick it up on radar?

don't think that one has ever been researched? but I maybe wrong.  ;D :o :rolleyes:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Librarian

Quote from: Martin H on February 20, 2015, 02:20:08 PM
because it was a slow news day................................

....and the slight coincidence of a similarity with the letters on the tail. Weeeell, free advertising is free advertising ;D.

kerick

I wonder if the conspiracy people have an answer for the ones over Cornwall yet? :rolleyes:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise