LF Vampire rocket rails

Started by JayBee, February 21, 2015, 09:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Does anyone have any drawings for the launch rails as fitted to the vampire T-11's that were used by the Central Gunnery School at Leconfield?

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

I've only seen one picture of a Vampire rocket rail which looks as if its a standard RAF rail from the period.

It consists of two streamlined vertical stub pylons with a rail between them on the ends not fixed to the underside of the wing.

Hope that helps

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Thanks guys, I more or less have that info already.
I am realy looking for a set of plans that show exactly where they should be.
There is not a lot of ro=space for them between the u/c well and the fuselage.
OK I know this WhIf world but..............

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Mossie

Jim, not plans (and not a Leconfield T.11) but here's a good underside shot of a Norwegian FB.52 museum bird with the rocket rails in place.  From pics I've got in a book, this seems to be the standard positions for rails on Vampires.
http://luftfartsmuseum.no/fly/de-havilland-dh-100-fb-52-vampire/

Added to this photo of a Rhodesian T.11, it seems the trainers carried them in the same place.
http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/aa-africa/zim/af/pics/rhaf_photos0003.jpg

Of course, you'll model it and a week after someone will find a photo of a Leconfield CGS T.11 with a none standard fit.... :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Thanks all, and especially Simon.
That Norwegian one gives me exactly what I am looking for.
Mine is not going to be a Leconfield bird in fact it is not even going to be British (or Scottish  :wacko:).
Telford Mini Theme here I come.

Jim

Cats are not real.