AERONAUTICA MILITARE AVANTI 14° STORMO

Started by TallEng, February 26, 2015, 05:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

This visited work yesterday, as its 'different' I thought I'd share these photos.

We could say something like Only the Italians would have an Aeroplane that looks like
It's flying backwards  ;D but we probably shouldn't . :rolleyes:
The photos were taken outside the former II(AC)Sqn Hanger.
I like the 14°Stormo badge, reminds me very much of 11Sqn's double eagle badge
Hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

One very smart looking aeroplane, the Avanti. Thanks for posting.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Very smart looking aeroplane  :thumbsup: Looks live up to it's name
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Librarian

That's the one that periodically flies overhead out of London City Airport. Looks superb but sounds like a Flymo on steroids.

Nick

Good pics there. Did you know that Piaggio are offering a UAV version of this machine?
It's the Hammerhead! http://www.p1hh.piaggioaerospace.it/

kerick

Quote from: Librarian on February 26, 2015, 08:41:25 AM
That's the one that periodically flies overhead out of London City Airport. Looks superb but sounds like a Flymo on steroids.

They are noisy!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

I remember that when this aircraft was about to be rolled out there was a competition to name it, my entry did not win and I can't remember what it was anyway  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

rickshaw

Looks, well, rather Italian.  All stretched out and the wings/fins look like they were added as after-thoughts!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

Gorgeous. Lovely aeroplane and nice pics !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?