From rust bucket to showpiece

Started by scooter, February 27, 2015, 06:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Oi, you I was just about to post that.  ;) ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Wonderful job though that is I feel he's got some SERIOUS competition over his '"No museum, anywhere, has ever faced a restoration project of this magnitude" remark.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2015, 08:59:05 AM
Wonderful job though that is I feel he's got some SERIOUS competition over his '"No museum, anywhere, has ever faced a restoration project of this magnitude" remark.

Agree, they had more to start with than some epic restorations. But size wise it is an impressive project.  As for a total restoration on the jumbo size scale, I would nominate the B-36 now at Pima- "The Last Peacemaker".  The Hercules "Spruce Goose" was not a a total rebuild- she had fared quite well in her custom, climate controlled, hangar.     
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

Nice. Love the old school 747s. Glad to hear she's been saved. Be neat to see it someday !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 28, 2015, 05:36:45 PM
Nice. Love the old school 747s. Glad to hear she's been saved. Be neat to see it someday !

Everything he said. It's unbelieveable how casual some companies are about first-of-types of anything.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones