FAA Skyhawk - near Cuba 1962 FINISHED!

Started by Weaver, February 27, 2015, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Sweet, Option 1 or the current look you just posted. Both work for me.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 10, 2015, 05:37:52 PM
It is actually the right font, downloaded from here: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2  It's called RAF_PW_ATH

A very handy site, all sorts of useful stuff there.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Latest serial schematic works for me
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 11, 2015, 08:49:30 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 10, 2015, 05:37:52 PM
It is actually the right font, downloaded from here: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2  It's called RAF_PW_ATH

A very handy site, all sorts of useful stuff there.  :thumbsup:

Credit to Jeff Fontaine who found it ages ago: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,9390.0.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

darthspud

Instant sunshine on the centreline, drop tanks on both inner pylons, all else fitted but carrying nowt.
just my tuppeny worth.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Captain Canada

Jeffry eh ? Wonder how he's making out these days ? Is he on one of the breakaway republic websites still ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 11, 2015, 04:48:00 PM
Jeffry eh ? Wonder how he's making out these days ? Is he on one of the breakaway republic websites still ?

Yep, over on BTS.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Okay, so here's some pics. Took them yesterday, but had some IT problems... ::)

Canopy is now masked and glued on (very firmly: the rear shield keeps springing it off) and a coat of white paint is currently drying.

Had a brainwave about the radome: I'm going to use the natural resin colour as the base. Masked it off before spraying, it'll get a clear matt coat with the rest, and then I'll brush some thinned brown over it to give the tatty look of the Buccaneer S.1 radomes.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scooterman

Quote from: Weaver on March 18, 2015, 06:25:45 AM
Had a brainwave about the radome: I'm going to use the natural resin colour as the base. Masked it off before spraying, it'll get a clear matt coat with the rest, and then I'll brush some thinned brown over it to give the tatty look of the Buccaneer S.1 radomes.

That's BRILLIANT!  Must give that a go.  :thumbsup:

KiwiZac

I like that idea! Ooooh, visiting this build makes me all tingly with anticipation!

Also just followed you on the Tweetbox  :thumbsup:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Weaver

Quote from: KiwiZac on March 19, 2015, 12:27:33 PM
I like that idea! Ooooh, visiting this build makes me all tingly with anticipation!

Also just followed you on the Tweetbox  :thumbsup:

Cheers - followed you right back. ;D

I'm using the hashtag #whatifmodelling for anything remotely relevant, including posts linked to Airfix's regular #workspacewednesday and #weekendworkspace twitter events.

I'm also following a Kiwi comedy youtuber who might be worth your attention called Ollie Langdon:

Twitter : @OllieLangdon
Youtube channel : thesheepthatwentmoo

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

KiwiZac

:thumbsup: It looks perfect in white. Bravo!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates