FAA Skyhawk - near Cuba 1962 FINISHED!

Started by Weaver, February 27, 2015, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Excellent  :thumbsup:

How on earth do you get such fantastic all white finishes?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: kitbasher on May 03, 2015, 11:22:19 AM
Excellent  :thumbsup:

How on earth do you get such fantastic all white finishes?

Erm... by not being aware that it's supposed to be difficult? Seriously, I just threw a can of Halfords white primer at it, followed by a coat of gloss for the decals then a coat of matt. Made sure my hands were clean before touching it of course...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on May 03, 2015, 12:11:43 PM
Erm... by not being aware that it's supposed to be difficult?

That is so true of so much in life. Why oh why do we overcomplicate things once we get to be teenagers ? Or is that just the effect the female of the species has on us ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on May 03, 2015, 12:11:43 PM
...Made sure my hands were clean before touching it of course...

That's where I go wrong.

IME white isn't any more difficult that most other colours as long as you prime and then undercoat.  I use a white undercoat which I then usually clear over for the colour coat as it's just "off" enough to not look too stark.

Gloss Black on the other hand scares me...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..