Lockheed F 80 SW Sabrestar

Started by PACOPEPE, February 28, 2015, 01:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Remembering the fantastic profile i saw some weeks ago...

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

That's looking REALLY promising!  :thumbsup:

And will you be making a Sabrestar with the bits left over?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Love it. Have/had this on the agenda, too, because it combines the best of two aircraft - looking forward to see progress and results!  :thumbsup:

What kits do you use? Hobby Boss F-86 and Airfix P-80, plus a fuselage plug?

PACOPEPE

Thanks to all.

PR19_Kit: Good!; from now, its name will be "Sabrestar". It will be like the profile.

Dizzyfugu: Yes; F-86 of Hobby Boss (with special decals from a page of Korean aces war), and the P-80 of Airfix. We have to talk of your Rikugun Ki 124...It´s on my agenda too.... ;D; with your permission, of course.... :thumbsup:

Regards,
Fran

sandiego89

Quote from: Flyer on February 28, 2015, 11:24:20 AM

I agree with PR19_Kit, a straight wing Sabre with the leftovers :wacko:

Which is pretty much a FJ-1 Fury.....
Dave "Sandiego89"

Captain Canada

Oh this is gonna be so cool ! Thanks for reminding me of that profile...lovely ! Didn't somebody build a similar one here already ? Not in those markings but a similar idea ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Quote from: Flyer on February 28, 2015, 02:43:08 PM
Yes but with better looking rounded wingtips and tail group. ;D

Agree, the Fury perhaps lacked a bit in the looks department. 
Dave "Sandiego89"

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Excellent idea - USAF equivalent of the Grumman Cougar effectively... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PACOPEPE on February 28, 2015, 11:17:57 AM
Dizzyfugu: Yes; F-86 of Hobby Boss (with special decals from a page of Korean aces war), and the P-80 of Airfix. We have to talk of your Rikugun Ki 124...It´s on my agenda too.... ;D; with your permission, of course.... :thumbsup:
Regards,
Fran

Thanks for the kit clarification - was not certain about the P-80... built one maybe 25 years ago.  ;)
Maybe a "later version" could be created with a F-86D - including the afterburner tail and a fatter radome?

Where does the plug come from? Taken from one of the donation kits, or a third party piece?

Concerning the Ki-124: juts go ahead, I'd be glad to se another one, and it seems to have serious "real world appeal". Anyway, creating this lil' bug was a hell of body work...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 01, 2015, 02:12:50 AM
Where does the plug come from? Taken from one of the donation kits, or a third party piece?

That looks like the chunk of the Sabre fuselage from just behind the cockpit. There's a longitudinal slot there that you can see in the first pic as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit