Lockheed F 80 SW Sabrestar

Started by PACOPEPE, February 28, 2015, 01:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Yes, the piece-plug comes from the kit of the Sabre; to make the fuselage straight behind the cockpit.

Dizzyfugu: Yes, it´s very similar to the F 86D Sabredog; except for the position of the (only) air intake; below the radome. Really it has the same configuration than the North American YF93 (pic of views).

Fran

Captain Canada

I'm not on my phone and can finally get a better look at the pics....nice to know how you did it ! Can't wait to see progress, and one of these is defo going on my 'to do' list !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Anything new here? Have been pondering with the radar-equipped alternative, and what about a F-94 with a F-86D tail section, or at least the swept wings all over...?  :rolleyes:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

;)

BTW, I think I will try to tackle this concept, too, with a F-94/F-86D bash, so that it will be slightly different. It's on the list, and I actually have the proper kits in store (Heller & Airfix, respectively)...

kerick

Ya better feed these guys something soon or something tragic may happen! :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

PACOPEPE

Sorry for the delay, but has been very hard to adjust the fuselages, especially for the different profiles and qualities.

Lost almost all lines of paneling.

Here is the step previous to polishing, before painting:

Reminds me to Saab 32 Lansen (This is on my list too, but as a Me 1.110 modified).

Regards.

Captain Canada

Funny, as it never occurred to me that it might look like the Lansen ! Not if you finish it as per the profile above !

Looking good, and thanks for the update !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

That's looking great! NMF or ADC grey?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PACOPEPE

Quote from: kerick on March 10, 2015, 12:46:23 PM
That's looking great! NMF or ADC grey?
Many thanks. NMF, of course; like the operative F 86 in Korea.

FAR148

Very cool :thumbsup: Keep up the good work

Steven L

kerick

Looks a lot like a Lansen!

Makes me wonder where the Saab enginers got the idea from. All it would need is more of a radar nose. Love this build and can't wait to see the NMF.
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Lovely!  :wub: The Lansen is bigger and "fatter", though, despite the fuselage plug in the hybrid kit.
Really looking forward to the results!  :thumbsup:

kerick

Makes me think about what the Saberstar would look like using a T-33.
Tophe the Wise