Australian International Airshow 2015

Started by zenrat, February 28, 2015, 05:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Spent yesterday at Avalon Airport at the airshow.  I now know from personal experience that an F16 taking off with full afterburner is louder then an F18 doing the same.
Here are my favourite pics.

Here's something you don't see down here every day...

...and when you do, two come along...

More pics (of varying quality) here.
http://s70.photobucket.com/user/gavinmaillardet/library/Avalon%20Airshow%202015?sort=3&page=6
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Nice pics. Particularly like the Boomerang
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2015, 05:03:02 AM
I now know from personal experience that an F16 taking off with full afterburner is louder then an F18 doing the same.

A Tornado GR4 is louder than either of them, and a Typhoon maybe even more so!  ;D [Where's the 'Hands over Ears' emoticon when you need one?]

What a wonderful variety of aircraft, I doubt it could be bettered anywhere. Where else could you see a Boomerang and a BAe 146 waterbomber at the same place?  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Looks like a great day! A very diverse line up there. Rather envious. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2015, 07:01:26 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2015, 05:03:02 AM
I now know from personal experience that an F16 taking off with full afterburner is louder then an F18 doing the same.

A Tornado GR4 is louder than either of them, and a Typhoon maybe even more so!  ;D [Where's the 'Hands over Ears' emoticon when you need one?]

What a wonderful variety of aircraft, I doubt it could be bettered anywhere. Where else could you see a Boomerang and a BAe 146 waterbomber at the same place?  :thumbsup:

B-1 = F-16 X 4.

Great gathering of aircraft. Too bad no F-111s. I've got to make a good airshow this summer. Went to the Chicago Air and Water Show last summer and low clouds pretty much canceled the whole thing. Looks like you guys had great weather.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

What a great show ! Love the Herc and Bae 146...very cool. And you guys have a flying Neptune down there ? No fair ! Thanks for sharing. Heading off to look at the other pics now.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Some nice photos there and on your website.  I can see the weather was it's usual Melbourne best...   :party:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

glad you all enjoyed them.

The weather was good but then cloud came in.  At least the rain held off.

First airshow for about 30 years and it was hard to balance wandering around amongst the parked planes, taking photos and just watching them fly.  I didn't find a program of events until half way through the day and so missed a close up view of some of the stuff I wanted to see - the WW1 display, Meteor & Sabre, BUFF flypast and Cat & Neptune for example.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

1. RSAF Black Knights (Singapore).

2.  Can't remember.  There was a display board but I neglected to photograph it.  It was something to do with Civil Air Patrol.  The plane had blue roundels with a white triangle.

Fred

zenrat

Sorry dude.  I usually snap the boards but I had been on my feet for a long time by then and was needing a rest.
Fred

pyro-manic

After a little snooping, it looks to me like a Ryan S-C-W. Pretty thing. Rare, too - only 13 built. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Which organisation flies that superb Neptune?

It looks just as huge now as the RAF ones did in the 50s when I lived at Topcliffe. They even made the MR Lancs look small, despite having only two engines!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

eatthis

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2015, 04:02:59 AM

It looks just as huge now as the RAF ones did in the 50s when I lived at Topcliffe. They even made the MR Lancs look small, despite having only two engines!

similer size to a vulcan isnt it?!
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

PR19_Kit

Quote from: eatthis on March 01, 2015, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2015, 04:02:59 AM

similer size to a vulcan isnt it?!

Slightly smaller but within a few feet.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I was surprised at the size of the B-52.  For some reason I thought it'd be bigger.
Fred