'Crazy Paving' paint

Started by PR19_Kit, February 28, 2015, 06:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, I see the darker shade at the bottom of the cracks too. I used my usual Halfords Grey Primer, but the original model was an old grey Matchbox PR9. But the whole model was M'box and the primer was used over all of it and yet the 'crazy paving' has only affected the white portion.

Weird.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I've long since given up pondering some of things paint chooses to do seemingly of it's own volition.

Can you find some 1/72 figures in white coats and hard hats clutching clipboards and pointing and then scratch up a small scaffold for them to stand on putting them at the same height as the cracks?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2015, 02:27:25 AM
I've long since given up pondering some of things paint chooses to do seemingly of it's own volition.

Can you find some 1/72 figures in white coats and hard hats clutching clipboards and pointing and then scratch up a small scaffold for them to stand on putting them at the same height as the cracks?

Hehehe, actually I probably could!  ;D

I could gave them standing on top of the fuselage, scratching their heads etc. It'd save all that pesky sanding and re-painting!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: JayBee on February 28, 2015, 08:08:08 AM
.....and if you know of an easy way to strip the Halford's Appliance White, PLEASE let me know.

Jim

Fairy Power Spray should work - it'll take off Halfords Primer and metallics.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Chris Payne

What Wooksta said.

Removes paint right down to bare plastic in a couple of minutes to around half an hour, depending on paint type.

Works on clear parts too.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

PR19_Kit

Yes, but then it'd take off ALL the paint and I only want to sort out the white stuff.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit