Kerbal Space Program videos: KSP-2 is dead, long live KSP-1 (maybe?)

Started by Weaver, February 28, 2015, 07:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Rather than post these on separate threads, I thought I'd make a central repository for them. Even if you don't play the game, they still make interesting/funny viewing for an aerospace-oriented audience.

First off, a pretty tidy X-15 simulation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWdyYc45L6Q&feature=em-uploademail

If you are interested, here's the game's website: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Aircraft powered by the recoil from 14" naval guns. And you thought it wasn't possible huh?  :blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yor7O1-nJA

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

lol that's hilarious ! Love the guys quotes as well " of course we're destroying everything behind us " as well as " and it f__king flies ! "

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Epic Mars mission by Chris P. Bacon based on a book which is, in turn based on a real proposal from the early 1980s. I particularly like the "Jacqueline B. Kennedy Space Center"... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmOngtvYrzc&feature=em-uploademail

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Not a video this time, but an infographic showing the relative sizes of fictional and real planets including some KSP ones:

http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Scale-of-Fictional-Worlds-520907241?hf=1

(it's WAY too big to hotlink to, of course)

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

I only wish I had a video of this, but...

I just crashed a ship on the mun (a prototype rescue ship, ironically), then launched another modified rescue ship, successfully touched down near the first ship, picked up the pilot and got him back to Kerbin safely, all in the demo game.

That may not be very impressive to players doing grand tours of the Kerbol System and it may mean zip to people who don't play the game, but DAMN it feels good to me! ;D Give it another ten years and I might be get half good at this.... ;)

Know what I forgot to do in the excitement? Take a damn screen shot, that's what.... ::)

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on March 22, 2015, 01:06:59 PM
I only wish I had a video of this, but...

I just crashed a ship on the mun (a prototype rescue ship, ironically), then launched another modified rescue ship, successfully touched down near the first ship, picked up the pilot and got him back to Kerbin safely, all in the demo game.

That may not be very impressive to players doing grand tours of the Kerbol System and it may mean zip to people who don't play the game, but DAMN it feels good to me! ;D Give it another ten years and I might be get half good at this.... ;)

Know what I forgot to do in the excitement? Take a damn screen shot, that's what.... ::)
:thumbsup:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx