Seadude's Shenanigans: I dare to be different!

Started by seadude, March 04, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Not much going on today. Just packing up to go to a model contest tomorrow. Taking the same stuff as listed in Post # 112 further above. I'll be heading here:
http://www.butchoharemodelers.com/33rd-annual-contest.html
Competition will be tougher though. Even if I get anything, I expect it will be mostly 3rd Place Bronze awards.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

zenrat

Isn't it more about the taking part?
Have a good time.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

Just got back home from a model contest in Chicago. Got the following:

USS MONTANA
1.  1st Place Gold award
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/bb/bb-67/350-em/em-index.html

P1000 RATTE LANDKREUZER:
Nothing :(

SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO 2199
1.  2nd Place Silver Award
(Older pic. I don't have a newer one available yet.)
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/320/19619229535_4847b6b8fb_b.jpg

DARPA XST COMPETITION:
Nothing :(

AURORA HYPERSONIC AIRCRAFT
1.  3rd Place Bronze Award
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/606/22340406910_a251ae44a8_b.jpg
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

seadude

Nothing new going on. Holidays are here, which means little time for modeling. But hopefully, I plan to get back to work on the following project in December, or January of next year.
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35600.0.html

seadude

I'm bugging out. Good luck on fixing this website forum. Hopefully, I'll be back when things get eventually fixed. C'ya.

seadude

Just had the following posted on MW yesterday. Not one of my better creations nor is it a whif. Just something quick and easy to do for a contest that was in May until I can get my 1/350 scale hospital ship done.
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/dio/usn/USWarships-700-em/index.htm

Captain Canada

May not be 100% whif but it's still pretty whiffy ! Love it. I'd like to see more pics, and I'd like to build them all ! Love those modern angled boats. Can't wait to see you do them in 350 scale !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

I do have plans to do all of them in 1/350 sometime in the future and all as whifs. But the one which hasn't been made in 1/350 by a kit manufacturer is the USS Zumwalt. :(

Captain Canada

I was at my LHS the other day looking at ship kits....hmmm.... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Long time, no post.  :blink: Not much new happening. Decided to take a quick break from my hospital ship project and work on something hopefully "quick and easy". So I pulled out of my stash the 1/700 CyberHobby USS Long Beach CGN-9. I don't know what made me buy it. I guess I got tired of hoping and praying that somebody would make a 1/350 scale Long Beach, so I picked up the 1/700 scale version to satisfy my need.
I'm making some whif changes to this vessel. Two of which you can plainly see such as the modern 5" guns, and the fore and amidships VLS clusters.

kerick

That's looking really nice. Where do you get the new parts?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Looks great ! The Long Beach is such a cool looking ship...can't wait to see where you go with it !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Quote from: kerick on September 11, 2016, 08:43:58 PM
That's looking really nice. Where do you get the new parts?

The parts aren't new. I just rob parts from other model kits I have at home.  :wacko: The 5" guns and VLS clusters are from spare Ticonderoga cruiser kits.