Seadude's Shenanigans: I dare to be different!

Started by seadude, March 04, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Just a short FYI post to inform everyone that any and all model projects/ideas I have anywhere on these forums are currently on hiatus.
I am currently focusing all my attention on getting ready for the IPMS Nationals in Madison, Wisconsin on July 17-20.
Depending on what new models and accessories I find in the vendor area from that show, I hope to be back to work in late July or early August.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

seadude

Just an FYI that there will be no modeling updates from me for the next several days.
Right now, I'm in the process of cataloging, organizing, sorting, etc. my very large collection of STAR WARS collectible card game cards so I can eventually sell off the entire collection for money as a few "incidents" have come up. I'm guessing I must have close to 15,000 cards.  :o  Yeah, I was one of those "collectible card game nerds" during the 1990's and early 2000's when collectible card games were all the rage back then. I was into Magic The Gathering, STAR WARS, STAR TREK, and a few others. The MTG was sold off 20 years ago. STAR WARS will be sold soon I hope. I'll keep the STAR TREK.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Rick Lowe

Hope things work out fine for you, 'Dude... :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

All the best, mate! Hope you get a good price! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

I've never collected cards, baseball or otherwise, but I hope you get a good price. Could you get more if you break it up into groups of cards?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

seadude

Quote from: kerick on August 30, 2024, 08:33:04 AMI've never collected cards, baseball or otherwise, but I hope you get a good price. Could you get more if you break it up into groups of cards?

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to break things up, if I do. Funny thing is, I've NEVER played this game in the entire 20+ years I've had it.  :o  I only bought it for collectibility because I thought it was cool. In that entire time, it's just been sitting on 1-2 bookshelves in 4 large binders and one big box. The majority of cards are in very good condition for not having been played with at all.
But I'm starting to get disappointed as no comic/game store in my area seems to be interested in buying/trading/selling the STAR WARS collectible card game, either as a collection or as individual cards. All anybody seems to care about is either Magic The Gathering or Pokemon.
Right now, my main concern is:
Organizing, cataloging, and sorting all the cards.
Seperate the Rebel Light Side cards from the Imperial Dark Side cards.
Seperate all cards into their proper Expansion Sets.
Seperate the black border cards from the white border cards.
Alphabatise all cards.
Seperate all cards in all Expansion Sets into categories such as Characters, Droids, Vehicles, Weapons, Site Locations, etc., etc.
Buy a TON of plastic sleeves for protecting all the individual cards.
MAYBE remove most or all the Rare cards (Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, etc., etc.) from the collection and sell those individually. Not sure yet.
And finally, buy some storage boxes and box everything up for storage and transport.

Nick

Best option is to look up some Star Wars fan sites and see if they know of potential buyers and good selling strategies. You might even get lucky and find a willing buyer straight away.

kerick

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2024, 11:58:25 AMBest option is to look up some Star Wars fan sites and see if they know of potential buyers and good selling strategies. You might even get lucky and find a willing buyer straight away.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Looks like a lot of work either way.
Tophe the Wise