Seadude's Shenanigans: I dare to be different!

Started by seadude, March 04, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Stuff that for a game of soldiers  ;D

Real World isn't banned on here, we'd love to see your progress on it.  :thumbsup: Don't get enough ships on here as it is, and yes I know I really, really should build one. I'll have a good look for something at Telford
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Nothing new going on much lately. Been sick with a cold/cough the last two weeks. :( So I haven't done much, if any, progress on my best friend's Enterprise aircraft carrier. The cold is pretty much gone right now except for the cough which is subsiding enough that I should be able to go to my local modeling club's Christmas meeting and gift exchange tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the meeting because another member said he was bringing me a what if model project that he had started long ago, but is now giving it to me because he is currently clearing out some of his model stash. I can't say what it is, but if I get to pick it up tomorrow, I'll take pics and share when I get home. ;)
In other news, I created the following tonight because of my Habakkuk "obsession".  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/History-Research-of-Project-Habakkuk-215046165570785/
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

As usual, not much going on lately. Got a model contest coming up soon in about 2 weeks on March 4th. I'll be taking my USS Solace LHD Hospital Ship.  :thumbsup:

I've also been toying around with the idea of building another quick kit of the following shown below. I won one in a raffle at a local model club meeting a few months ago last year. I just now sat down tonight and started to build and paint it. If possible, I'm hoping to have this done and taken to the same contest. I'll be painting mine however in an olive drab green scheme similar to other Gamillas ships in the SBY series. But here's the catch: My model won't be from the SBY series. I'm building it instead as a future Cold War Soviet battleship carrier.  ;D I could have built this for the Soviet group build here:
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/board,179.0.html
.........but I don't feel like being constrained to build a model in a set amount of weeks or months for a group build. I like to build at my own pace.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

Quote from: seadude on February 18, 2017, 06:11:22 PM

.........but I don't feel like being constrained to build a model in a set amount of weeks or months for a group build. I like to build at my own pace.

Nothing wrong with that sir. I model as the mood takes  :thumbsup:

Best of luck with the contest. If you don't win I'd demand a recount  ;)  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Good luck and I can only imagine the amount of interest your ship will bring !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

In the picture of the Gamillas battlecarrier in Post 152 further above, does anybody who has seen the SBY2199 series have any idea what the bright yellow cone shaped areas on the left and right sides of the ship are? Are they some sort of large cannon, or a sensor system, or something else? There are yellow decals from the model kit to put in these areas, but I seem to have lost the decal sheet.  :banghead:

seadude

I'm taking suggestions for a name for my Soviet battlecarrier that I mentioned I was building further above in Post 152. Anybody got any good names? Need a ship's name, plus the CLASS name of the vessel.

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Cobra

How about Vladimir Drokof & Dropshortsky Class ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Dan

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Trotsky and the Icepick class....Ho..........., Ho.....................,  Ho.

There's always the Romanov class.   Nikolai, Alexander, Peter, Michael, Catherine, Anna, Feodor and Ivan. That's just Tsars, if you take princes and princesses you can have a fairly large class!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

seadude

Been a very busy year so far for model building. Usually, I only average 1 kit per year. But this year has been the exception.  :o

Soviet Space Battlecarrier
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43422.0.html

Space Battleship Yamato Cosmo Falcon Fighter
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43430.0.html

ASF-X Shinden II Warwolf Squadron
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43504.0.html

Chinese J-35 FSW Prototype Fighter
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44219.0.html

MiG-37B Ferret-E Blood Wolves Squadron
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44237.0.html

So what's next on my to-do list? Glad you asked. ;)  The following to be whiffed into a French Air Force stealth fighter.

TheChronicOne

Lots of nice stuff, C-Dude. 

Man... look at this one... get to buildin'!!! This kit is so neat.. I've been trying to find one myself; no joy.... 

-Sprues McDuck-

seadude

Monogram also released an F-19 in 1/48 scale too. I used to have one long, long ago. Wished I had another, but no such luck. :(