Seadude's Shenanigans: I dare to be different!

Started by seadude, March 04, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Started work on the F-19. Decided to paint it Testor Acryl Gunship Grey. Still need to paint black leading edges though. Hope to be finished this coming weekend except for the French decals which I don't have yet. Don't know when I'll be able to get those. :(  Don't expect too much detail on this model. It's only a "desktop" model and is pretty simple/cheap with only about 8 or so parts. What I really like about this model/whif is that I think this is an interesting aircraft configuration for a French stealth aircraft. I love the lines and curves of the airframe. There's a lot of "curves" in French architecture, writing, etc. and I think this aircraft would be perfect in French service.  :thumbsup:

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

TheChronicOne

Yuuup.... I agree!  Will look good that way! 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

It's not much to look at, but it's at least 90% done until I can save some money and buy some French decal markings. I'm not going to detail the s**t out of this model. It's only one of those "cheap and simple" desktop models with about 8 parts, so it'll stay a cheap and simple what if model. If I wanted to get more detailed, I'd be doing a better job on a 1/48 scale version instead, but I don't have one of those. So........

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

I just had an idea. ;) And I want to thank the members of this website forum for inspiring me. Thank You.  :thumbsup: I've read and seen the pics at model shows where members have set up What If SIG tables at model contests. With all the models I've been building this year (Post # 162 on Page 11) as well as currently, I'm going to do a small What If display of my own for a contest coming up this October and November. The pic below gives a slight idea of what I have in mind. The green foam is not the display base. That's just what I am using for cushioning material to help pack up my models when I transport them. But the foam is the same dimensions (3' x 2') as a piece of thick rigid sheet plastic I have which will be used as a display base. I still have to finish my Japanese Horten 229 flying wing fighter which will be added to the display. Then I'm hoping I can maybe start on a small ship to add to the display as well, though I'm not sure what type of ship to add yet.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice!!!! Have fun with that!!!   Good to see that this stuff will get out into the public and inspire (and confuse   ;D ;D ;D ;D) others! 
-Sprues McDuck-

seadude

Updating my "DONE" list. ;)

QuoteBeen a very busy year so far for model building. Usually, I only average 1 kit per year. But this year has been the exception.  :o

1. Soviet Space Battlecarrier
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43422.0.html
2. Space Battleship Yamato Cosmo Falcon Fighter
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43430.0.html
3. ASF-X Shinden II Warwolf Squadron
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43504.0.html
4. Chinese J-35 FSW Prototype Fighter
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44219.0.html
5. MiG-37B Ferret-E Blood Wolves Squadron
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44237.0.html
6. French Steal Fighter (Still needs decals, but will be finished before end of year.)
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4403/36959632510_cd517be85b_z.jpg
7. Japanese Horten 229
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44285.0.html
8. North Korean Ka-58 attack helicopter (Currently in progress.)
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44317.0.html
9. Arado Ar 555  (Possible next project? )
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44298.0.html

seadude

Continuing from Post # 169.........

Here are all the models I've built since the beginning of January........with the exception of the Arado Ar 555 which will be started next week sometime. But as you can see, I plan to showcase a special "What If" model display at two contests this Fall for competition. Though I am uncertain how many models to put on the display? I suppose it looks a bit crowded right now. I can take the sign holder off and set it to the side of the display in order to make more room for the models. I was also thinking of not having the ASF-X Shinden (Upper left corner) as part of the display and instead entering that aircraft as a separate model entry. What are people's thoughts? Too much? Not enough? Anything else I should change? The black display base may end up getting changed to white.

NARSES2

I don't think that looks crowded at all. Looks just right to me  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Agreed.

Not only that... the "tight spaces" will help make people think twice about reaching off in there to grab one. . . . .   :mellow:

The smiley guy emoticon is my favorite touch!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

seadude

QuoteNot only that... the "tight spaces" will help make people think twice about reaching off in there to grab one. . . . .

Gee, I don't know about that. You'd be surprised what a little kids' hands can do. If they want to reach and touch something, then they darn well are going to do it.  :o  Maybe I should stick mouse traps next to all my models?  ;D  ;D  ;D

TheChronicOne

Disguise/describe them as "1/72 Catapults."  :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: seadude on October 04, 2017, 05:43:34 PM
QuoteNot only that... the "tight spaces" will help make people think twice about reaching off in there to grab one. . . . .

Gee, I don't know about that. You'd be surprised what a little kids' hands can do. If they want to reach and touch something, then they darn well are going to do it.  :o  Maybe I should stick mouse traps next to all my models?  ;D  ;D  ;D

When I'm showing my American model railroad  layout I have a yard length of 1/2" dowel with a wire coat hanger bent into the shape of a hand with one finger pointing taped to the end. Over that is a white cotton glove with a white cardboard jacket cuff, with a gold cufflink naturally. It comes in VERY handy for dissuading the kiddie-winkies from prodding and poking the layout!

We call it 'The Hand of God'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 05, 2017, 03:05:08 AM
Quote from: seadude on October 04, 2017, 05:43:34 PM

When I'm showing my American model railroad  layout I have a yard length of 1/2" dowel with a wire coat hanger bent into the shape of a hand with one finger pointing taped to the end. Over that is a white cotton glove with a white cardboard jacket cuff, with a gold cufflink naturally. It comes in VERY handy for dissuading the kiddie-winkies from prodding and poking the layout!

We call it 'The Hand of God'  ;D

Cool idea!  :thumbsup:

Myself, I favour the plain ol' Pikestaff, but I obviously have less patience than you... among other problems...  :o ;D