children's tv exhibition [or take me back 40 years...]

Started by Howard of Effingham, March 06, 2015, 04:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

hmm, at last a HLF supported exhibition that's really worth their support is coming to Coventry in May 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-31752854

but what oh what was fulchester hotel? don't remember that one?  ;D

in the diary on the to visit list methinks......
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Goes from May until September too ! Lots of time to get there. I'm sure that would be a lot of fun.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Many, many years ago I contractually worked at TV AM in Facilities. We were told to clear an office and clear it we did, along with a box of manky old puppets. Into the skip, job done. Couple hours go by and a bloke comes tearing through our dept screaming blue bloody murder and were are the ****ing puppets. They'd guested on a show that morning to do with this thread....I'd only chucked THE Muffin The Mule, Pinky and Perky etc out. Having lived abroad most of my life I'd never heard of them.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on March 06, 2015, 05:32:54 AM
..I'd only chucked THE Muffin The Mule, 

Probably my first TV memory in the original Watch with Mother. I had one to, nearly strangled myself with all those accursed strings  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the Furchester hotel is the later Muppet series   Cookie monster and friends are the stars
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 06, 2015, 07:28:19 AM

Probably my first TV memory in the original Watch with Mother. I had one to, nearly strangled myself with all those accursed strings  ;D

You had it easy, we didn't have a TV in those days and had to make do with the wireless.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 06, 2015, 11:14:00 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 06, 2015, 07:28:19 AM

You had it easy, we didn't have a TV in those days and had to make do with the wireless.  ;D

We got a TV when I was 5 Kit. Before that I can just remember "Listen with Mother". Or at least I was told I remembered it  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

The old BBC site North Acton was a bit like that before they moved to Wood Lane, White City .
There were loads of props left over from "Childrens TV", eventually a member of staff from the Visual Effects Department boxed them all up. They moved to the Outside Broadcasting Unit site in Acton. The Cafe was used in the early series of The Apprentice.
Not too sure if the BBC are still there as the main building had subsidence.
I think the only section not to leave the North Acton site was the Costume Store. Getting close to a Cyberman from Doctor Who, still freaks me out. Been inside the tardis, now that's big! Met Melvin from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
The cast from Rent a ghost were very polite.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 06, 2015, 11:10:49 AM
the Furchester hotel is the later Muppet series   Cookie monster and friends are the stars

now how do you know that?  ;D ;D ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

Steel Penguin

article on the bbc breakfast news a few month back  ;D
they were making a thing of the fact that one of the new muppets is british  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

McColm

There was a French childrens program with the lyrics "white horses" in the theme tune. I think it was in black and white, what was it about?

Rheged

Quote from: McColm on March 07, 2015, 10:59:31 AM
There was a French childrens program with the lyrics "white horses" in the theme tune. I think it was in black and white, what was it about?

I think it was set in the Carmargue,  and the title song included the line "On my horses, snowy white horses, let me ride away....."    Any one know anything more??
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 07, 2015, 03:48:14 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 06, 2015, 11:10:49 AM

now how do you know that?  ;D ;D ;D

I can tell you first hand, I'm a regular viewer! ;D  I'd blame it on having kids, but I actually quite enjoy it. :rolleyes:  It seems to me that whoever created it was a bit of a Fawlty Towers fan.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on March 07, 2015, 12:13:15 PM
Quote from: McColm on March 07, 2015, 10:59:31 AM

I think it was set in the Carmargue,  and the title song included the line "On my horses, snowy white horses, let me ride away....."    Any one know anything more??

Well I vaguely remember it, it was targeted at the female of the species. Now my memory says it was about Lipihanzers (or however they are spelt) in then Yugoslavia, but that my be another memory entirely  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: