children's tv exhibition [or take me back 40 years...]

Started by Howard of Effingham, March 06, 2015, 04:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on March 09, 2015, 12:35:37 PM

P.S. Is "Muffin The Mule" a criminal offence?

It's been legal for years, but look what it did to the Woodentops

[/quote]

Some parts of the country it still gets you stared at though  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 09, 2015, 10:31:39 AM
Quote from: Mossie on March 09, 2015, 08:53:48 AM
My bedroom had Ivor the Engine wallpaper. :wub:

mossie! really! I'd've loved a roll or two of that on the walls of my room.

By the wonders of the web, I've found it!

When the panels went together, it formed a several pictures of the full track looping around the room.  I always liked Idris's volcano best. :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

That's made up my mind.  I've got an Ivor the Engine DVD, I think the kids need to know what Daddy used to watch.  When the missus showed Charlotte the picsture of the wallpaper, she said she wanted it in her room!

Right, I need to talk to Mr Benn about going through the magic door in the fancy dress shop back to FADS in 1979!!!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

Quote from: Mossie on March 10, 2015, 08:22:36 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 09, 2015, 10:31:39 AM
Quote from: Mossie on March 09, 2015, 08:53:48 AM
My bedroom had Ivor the Engine wallpaper. :wub:

mossie! really! I'd've loved a roll or two of that on the walls of my room.

By the wonders of the web, I've found it!

When the panels went together, it formed a several pictures of the full track looping around the room.  I always liked Idris's volcano best. :wub:

One of my cousins had that paper and I was very jealous of him. Then we hit puberty and it just wasn't cool anymore!

Howard of Effingham

do yer suppose that wall paper is out of copyright?

as if it is I smell £ and $ never mind the euros.....

started something here didn't I posting this link?  ;D ;D

anyhow, seeing what I started here, i'll make some enquiries at the Herbert [and who recalls 'spotty 'erbert' from the bash street kids, btw?] art gallery and
museum to see what they have to say. this exhibition might need several visits so's not to miss a thing!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

The Beano is still on the go, the last of DC Thomson's traditional comics to still be in print.  The Dandy's still around in digital form, it went online a couple of years ago.  The Commando comic books are still on the go too.

JBN (Joyless Beano Numpty) alert, Spotty and Erbert were two separate characters, although were often pictured together.  I used to get the Beano as long as I lived at my parents house (well into my twenties), me and my Mum would take turns reading it!

Librarian

Anyone recall a program called "The Lost Island"? The music used to scare me, a bit like Pink Floyd's "Cymbaline". Can't remember a thing about it now, just the intro with a ship and a waterspout or something.

rickshaw

Quote from: Librarian on March 11, 2015, 09:01:32 AM
Anyone recall a program called "The Lost Island"? The music used to scare me, a bit like Pink Floyd's "Cymbaline". Can't remember a thing about it now, just the intro with a ship and a waterspout or something.

You may be referring to the Australian Childrens' TV series, "The Lost Islands".
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

McColm

Banana Split on a Saturday morning. Watched a clip recently, brought back good times.
I think The Muppets Show came a bit later. Basil Brush and Mr Stephen. Sootie, Doctor Who-when you used to hide behind the sofa.

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

scooter

Quote from: McColm on March 14, 2015, 01:27:20 AM
I think The Muppets Show came a bit later.

Muppet Show was prime time for me.  Waldorf and Statler make for the best hecklers (especially now that I'm older, and get their jokes more)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng