Republic of China Tracker

Started by zenrat, March 08, 2015, 05:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Rather attractive combination of colours on this Taiwanese Tracker.

Of note is the fact that the front wheel door makes it look like it's sticking its tongue out.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 08, 2015, 05:50:02 AM
Of note is the fact that the front wheel door makes it look like it's sticking its tongue out.

Very much so  ;D

Love the camo scheme but the shark/tiger mouth is just over gilding the Lilly a tad for my taste. My brain is close to overload  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

You might like this one better then.

This colour scheme is leading the way for my Mohawk build.  I even have some RoC decals (although they may be a bit large as they are from a Boxcar.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Yup that is nice.

3 colour top camo scheme (or more) are quite difficult to pull off in my view, but when they work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

There are several odd paint schemes out there... most of them Navy. The Polish Navy used to feature rather bright schemes, including grass green, light blue, dark green and dark grey:

Or Iranian Navy machines; these carry a garish but attractive scheme of wide bands in white, medium blue-grey and dark blue.

This is just CG, but the P-3s actually look like this:

Helis are even better:

zenrat

:thumbsup:

I see your Poland & Iran and raise you Azerbaijan & Peru  :lol:

Fred

Dizzyfugu

I might play some Indian MiG-21s, but that would crash the site... ;)

Bagladeshi MiG-29 are cool, too. Probably same batch as Azerbaijan?

zenrat

Oooh I like that.
Finish is a bit shoddy though.  Looks like it was done in a hurry.
Which makes it even better in my book.
Fred

Captain Canada

Mmmm blue camo. Better find some Japanese F-4s and F-2s or whatever they are called.

BTW-what's up with that second Tracker ? Trying to look like a turbine or is that an actual mod ?

:o
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 01, 2015, 04:03:57 PM

BTW-what's up with that second Tracker ? Trying to look like a turbine or is that an actual mod ?

Grumman converted some to turboprop power for the ROCAF in the 1980s some time as the S-2T.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

OOhhhh.....Peru......you can paint a Hind.....oh  yes you can...... :wub:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 02, 2015, 07:19:36 AM

Grumman converted some to turboprop power for the ROCAF in the 1980s some time as the S-2T.

For sure but is the one pictured just a mock up ? Looks like a radial with a cone in between the cowling and the prop hub
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 02, 2015, 01:34:33 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 02, 2015, 07:19:36 AM

For sure but is the one pictured just a mock up ? Looks like a radial with a cone in between the cowling and the prop hub

Ah, I see what you mean. The top one, 2209, is the real thing but it looks as if 2128 is a 'display only' version to me.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I agree. Looks like a cone to keep the birds out or somat.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?