BEA Comet, 1963

Started by kitbasher, March 08, 2015, 09:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Great idea. I love it!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

darthspud

too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Nick

Cracking work there Kitbasher, cracking!  :thumbsup:

lancer

That really is a thing of beauty!!! It's also one of those why didn't I think of it ideas!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Excellent - looks really good in those colours. :thumbsup:

So presumably the next project should be a DH.106 Comet "racer" in all-over red, blue or green eh? ;) It could have clipped wings and two extra engines in 1/72nd or 1/100th scale Me-262 engine pods (assuming the Comet model is 1/144th) to get the "feel" of the Comet racer.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 13, 2015, 04:13:57 AM
So presumably the next project should be a DH.106 Comet "racer" in all-over red, blue or green eh? ;)

Hmmm, now THERE's an idea. I have more than a few Airfix Comet 4Bs in The Loft (or somewhere anyway...)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I thought red, complete with G-ACSS reggies, would make the point a but stronger.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

JayBee

....and with the shape of the wing tips, tailplanes, and fin/rudder subtly altered to give a hint of the original DeHavilland curved shape.
Colour red OR black.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

... with yellow stripes and a G-ACSP reggie?

I'm warming to the idea, it'd make a great pair with Dave's Comet. Maybe scale-o-rama the DH106 Comet to 1/72 scale with different sized windscreen and windows?

Hm, that'd need larger wheels, but the prototype FG106 DID have larger ones......

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Kit, not sure if you saw this edit to my original post:

QuoteIt could have clipped wings and two extra engines in 1/72nd or 1/100th scale Me-262 engine pods (assuming the Comet model is 1/144th) to get the "feel" of the Comet racer.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

No, but I just re-read it.  :thumbsup:

LOTS of ideas churning around now.  ;D

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Good job Airfix re re-releasing their Comet 4B, then!

Having already done two Comet or Comet-related whifs.....

.....I have a couple of others I may pursue.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Love the floatplane racer - Schneider Trophy ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher