Light commercials

Started by zenrat, March 11, 2015, 04:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

This talk of scratchbuilding delivery vans made me think of these blasts from the past.
All 1/25.

This is a Monogram Paddy Wagon body on a Revell '32 Ford chassis.

'60 Chevy panel delivery built from an AMT '60 Chevy pickup.

TV OB Truck built from another '60 Chevy pickup.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Beauty. Love the Chevy's ! Did you blank out the lights on the bonnet in the delivery truck ? And the tv one is awesome, the camera is a nice touch ! And the news is coming to us in living black and white !!

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

The "Family Butcher" needs a fast get away truck considering his occupation!! :o
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Love the butcher's wagon: "they don't like it up the strip Cap'n Mainwaring!"   ;D ;D ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 11, 2015, 09:37:49 AM
Love the butcher's wagon: "they don't like it up the strip Cap'n Mainwaring!"   ;D ;D ;D

Hehehe, that had me chuckling, nice one Weaver.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

zenrat

Thanks folks.
Cap'n - On the panel delivery I dechromed the light insets and glued them in backwards and then PSRed them and scribed panel lines.  The TV truck was for a theme build with the theme Black and White.  There is no colour anywhere on it just black, white, greys and chrome.  Even the rear light lenses are smoked.  The camera comes from an AMT Competition Parts Pack.
Weaver - I started it about the time Clive Dunn died so it seemed right to make it Corporal Jones' van as a tribute to a man who made me laugh many times during my childhood.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Good stuff. I like the look of that panel van mod. Would look good on a 1:1 scale resto. I hadn't noticed the complete lack of colour on the TV van ! I have now !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

philp

Fred,
I like all three of these.  You said they were done in the past.  Is this the first time they have been posted on What If?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

zenrat

Yes Phil, first time on here.
Fred

philp

Thanks Fred, two of the three now submitted for Whiffies.  I like all three but think the two I picked would have a better chance.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

zenrat

I don't think they are eligible as they were not built this year.  But thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.
I originally posted them on the Australian Automotive Model Builders forum here and here and here.

Fred

philp

The rule states that they are eligible the year they are posted on the forum.

I should know, I created the Whiffies so I wrote the rules. :thumbsup:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

Quote from: philp on May 26, 2015, 11:16:01 PM
The rule states that they are eligible the year they are posted on the forum.

I should know, I created the Whiffies so I wrote the rules. :thumbsup:

Was that Rule 6?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit