Messerschmitt Bf 109H-12 trainer finished

Started by matrixone, March 12, 2015, 10:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 17, 2015, 09:04:20 AM
Tophe I was just wondering what the H-12 trainer would look like if the stabilizers went between the fins rather then just on the outside ?
Here is a first try, but not as beautiful as the 2-seat source. Here the tailplane looks too long or something:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Pretty darn good Tophe, but I agree with you about the tailplane's span.

I think the two fuselages aren't parallel though, so maybe twist one about its vertical axis so that the fins are closer together?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I may try, yes, thanks.
But I have continued on my idea of still increasing the number of trainees (and engines, because the weight grows...):

Tophe

Put 4 modellers in a shaker (matrixone, narses2, pr19kit, tophe), shake, and here comes the Bf 109H-24 trainer:

Thanks to all... ;D

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks! (and thanks again to matrixone, the great modeller that made all that possible)
But, to complete the Bf 109 family we must speak of the Bf 109H-14.1, an asymmetric 3-seat 3-engine zwilling...:

Tophe

The Me 109 V141 was a single-seat airplane again, with tandem engines and a very big secret device in the starboard fuselage (called "solenotrön", never used fortunately):

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 21, 2015, 12:28:33 PM
Oh yes, that's a lot better.  :thumbsup:

It does. Well done and thank you Tophe.

Love the version with the third crew compartment
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on March 21, 2015, 01:06:33 PM
Thanks! (and thanks again to matrixone, the great modeller that made all that possible)
But, to complete the Bf 109 family we must speak of the Bf 109H-14.1, an asymmetric 3-seat 3-engine zwilling...:
Inside the Messerschmitt factory, Ing. Disney designed a 8-seat version of the 3-engine variant: for Fräulein Snowhite teacher and her 7 dwarf students:

This version is coded Bf-109H48/72, I don't know why

Tophe

I think the last member of this family (matrixone will confirm) has been the 18-seat trainer Messerschmitt-Delanne DL-109H:

matrixone

Well, this does make sense. The Luftwaffe was in need of vast amounts of new pilots so an 18 seat trainer could solve that problem nicely. ;)

Matrixone

Tophe

Thanks for this expert explanation: this was not (completely) delirium but there was a reason!
Thanks again!

PR19_Kit

They could train an entire embryo squadron in one go, with a few spares too.  ;D

Regards
Kit