What size metal gauze........

Started by Army of One, March 15, 2015, 12:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

......is suitable for different scales....? If I wanted to replicate the mesh over vents in 1/72 1/48 and 1/35 does anyone have an idea of the ratios in each scale per inch please....? I've looked at loads of sheets on evilbay n can't decide on the ratio for each scale.....any help be appreciated.......many thanks.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

As small as possible, I would think. Depends what it's for. Have you looked for suitable photoetch detail sets?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Army of One

Pyro.....it's mainly for the mesh covers that adorn most attack helo's......I want to try and replace some of the plastic moulded ones on the Ka50's I have in 1/72 and 1/48.......then maybe a few others.....detail sets would be wasted on me.....just really need to replace the mesh.....if I could see the mesh infront of me I'd have a better idea.....bit hard looking at a pic or a number I know nothing about....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

scooter

Have you checked to see if your local hardware store has window screen (flyscreen)?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: scooter on March 15, 2015, 03:34:24 PM
Have you checked to see if your local hardware store has window screen (flyscreen)?

tha's what I would recommend too. however some dressmaking material and accessories can also pass for metal gauze too. for this its a matter of finding somewhere that will sell you just a small amount of the cloth that's often used for wedding veils and the like.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 20, 2015, 11:47:18 PM
. however some dressmaking material and accessories can also pass for metal gauze too. for this its a matter of finding somewhere that will sell you just a small amount of the cloth that's often used for wedding veils and the like.

If going down that root find a women who makes wedding dresses (Yellow Pages/Google) and see if she has any offcuts ?

Probably a lot safer then snipping a bit off the wife's carefully hoarded wedding dress  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Ah......thats a good idea......not the snipping off a dress though........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!