Messerschmitt Bf 209K-4 finished.

Started by matrixone, March 20, 2015, 11:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Another model finished this month, this time its the 1/72 scale Huma Me 209A that was modified into the K-4 version which easily makes this into a what-if since none of the 209's built were to the K-4 standard.

Some of the airfield style pictures are intended to give the impression of aircraft that were photographed just after the war ended, such scenes actually happened at a few airfields in the Czech territory in May 1945 where aircraft of all types were pushed out of their hiding places into the open so they could be examined and later scrapped.
This model is in the markings of I./KG(j)6 which operated in the Czechland.

Matrixone

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks su27rules, zenrat, and NARSES2!

My next what-if is much better as you will see in a few days. ;)

Matrixone

dumaniac

Dizzyfugu

Nice. The Huma kit is really good - it's simple, but fit is very good and it's everything there to build a pretty aircraft.
Is that an industrial Schutzstaffel, IIRC?

matrixone

Thanks Dumaniac and Dizzyfugu!

Dizzufugu,
The markings for this aircraft is for I./KG(j)6, KG(j) units were made from disbanded bomber units and the purpose was to train bomber pilots to fly fighters and live long enough to learn the art of fighter to fighter combat.
I chose to mark my model with KG(j)6 markings, KG(j)6 was equipped with several of the latest Messerschmitt fighter aircraft like the Bf 109G-10 and Me 262, if the Bf 209 was actually used in combat there was a good chance KG(j)6 would have operated some of them.

Matrixone

Glenn Gilbertson