Focke-Wulf Ta 183A-1a is now finished!

Started by matrixone, March 24, 2015, 11:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Out of the four models recently finished I am happiest with this one, its the Amtech 1/48 scale Ta 183 built O.O.B.

This model represents Ta 183A-1a W.Nr. 603008 the 8th Ta 183 built by Fieseler in September 1945. The Ta 183A-1a was the Jumo 004B powered version of this aircraft, it was originally designed to be powered by the He S 011 but the development of this engine lagged behind so in order to get production underway the first 20 airframes used the available Jumo 004B.

Even though the Ta 183A-1a was slightly underpowered it could still fly rings around the P-80 and Meteor fighters, but as good as it was eventually accidents and combat took their toll on the Ta 183A-1a's and the last of its type was withdrawn from combat after a lot of airtime and was deemed no longer fit for the stresses of the frontline, it was used as an advanced trainer to help train the pilots from the disbanded He 162 units and that's why it was marked with the large white 'S' of a Schulmaschine.

On to the pictures...

matrixone

Gondor

Fantastic work as usual Matrixone. Are you going to do a He S 011 powered version as well?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ennobee

Waauw, nice job weathering. And on top of that retro-colored photographs

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Cobra

Once Again, Another Masterpiece from the Master, matrixone :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You Always seem to do Very Cool & convincing Dioramas! Your Pictures seem to Have that 'Captured Enemy Footage' Feel to them! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

I need a new dictionary for the superlatives. My favourite shot is of the ground crewman working on the canopy. Excellent pose on what is a superb model  :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I just wish I had more figures to work with when taking pictures of the finished aircraft models, its getting more and more difficult to use the figures I have in different ways to keep things fresh and not looking the same as all my other pictures.

I do have some 1/48 scale U.S. soldiers from Tamiya but not very many of them work for taking pictures of the troops inspecting captured wonder weapons like this Ta 183.

Matrixone

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

matrixone

dumaniac

matrixone