Locomotives and rolling stock in different liveries

Started by McColm, March 24, 2015, 02:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piko1

and well if you really look for Locomotives with livery's even more intense than the Airlines livery's
then we need to travel to Austria every locomotive have its unique one there was even Austrian airlines one if im not mistaken

first CAT or City Airport Train from Vienna Airport to the Vienna's center  

https://youtu.be/YKh6P3qWwQE

then we have the RailJet trains

https://youtu.be/RZmjzO2NE-A

and yes the Taurus (nickname for the ES64U2 series Siemens locomotives ) sings its not just you

and many many many many more

www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1404939&lang=1

Hobbes

Many modern electric trains do. The noise comes from the high-power electronics (IIRC they change the frequency to control the motor speed).

piko1

your incorrect
in fact it's the GTO-inverters that make that sound and its distinctive sound that you can hear only from the first generation Euro Sprinter Taurus aka ÖBB Rh1016,Rh1116; DB BR 182; ES64U2; MAV 1047; ... and etc

the thing you refer to is the Normal IGBT-inverters sound and yes they are many modern trains and trams that use them

and thats for short why the Taurus sings and other locomotives don't   :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

NOTHING beats the sound of ten gas turbines at full power for loco sound tracks!  ;D :lol: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

piko1

why gas turbines i thought two J47's would sound better on tracks wait it was done already humm what if taurus with jet engine :cheers: 

McColm

HST 125 with a jet engine on the roof, note to self- make any bridges wider and slightly taller on layout.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: piko1 on March 29, 2015, 01:07:15 PM
why gas turbines i thought two J47's would sound better on tracks wait it was done already humm what if taurus with jet engine :cheers: 

'You must be one of the newer fellows....'  ;D (© Bing Crosby)

Because I spent 9 years of my life working on a train that had ten gas turbines! And without which most of the high speed trains world wide wouldn't be running so fast because most use the wheel/rail technology invented by my boss, Prof. Alan Wickens.

This is the aforementioned train, the Advanced Passenger Train Experimental.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

piko1

you were working on the APT-P/E  :bow: sorry i didn't know that and that's really awesome thanks for shearing it
plus im Bulgarian so the only "high speed trains" that can actually work here are the Pendolinos  :cheers:

ps high speed = something that go's with 180km/h  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: piko1 on March 29, 2015, 05:45:31 PM
you were working on the APT-P/E  :bow: sorry i didn't know that and that's really awesome thanks for shearing it
plus im Bulgarian so the only "high speed trains" that can actually work here are the Pendolinos  :cheers:

ps high speed = something that go's with 180km/h  :rolleyes:

That's OK, someone had to do it.  ;D

I was the Tilt System Development Engineer on the APT-E and I still look after the train now it's in the museum at Shildon, where they call me 'Mr Tilt'.  ;D

A pity you have Pendelinos in Bulgaria, an APT tilt system works much better.  ;) But then I would say that, wouldn't I?

Above 160 kph used to be considered 'high speed' in the 70s, but I think the bar has been raised these days, as it should have of course.

Regards
Kit

piko1

well we don't have them we wish we had some instead we have several Siemens Desiro everything else is from the 60's and the 70's we are talking about Skoda's and etc

rickshaw

Downunder, anything that goes faster than 100 km/h is considered "high speed" in the trains department.   :banghead: :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on March 31, 2015, 12:28:18 AM
Downunder, anything that goes faster than 100 km/h is considered "high speed" in the trains department.   :banghead: :banghead:

Don't you have the XPT train down there? It's an upside down version of our 'vintage' HSTs IIRC, and they can co 125 mph, or whatever that is metric, 200 kph?

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 31, 2015, 01:43:43 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on March 31, 2015, 12:28:18 AM

Don't you have the XPT train down there? It's an upside down version of our 'vintage' HSTs IIRC, and they can co 125 mph, or whatever that is metric, 200 kph?

The tracks limit their speed considerably...   :banghead: :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

piko1

but 100km/h on dry summer day we have express trains that travel with limit 30-45km/h sections  :banghead: