not an ordanery AH-1 Cobra 1/72

Started by piko1, March 24, 2015, 02:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piko1

i cant find a suitable 4 bladed rotor for the cobra for now i think that the original rotor is more suitable for this build but we will see :) 

kerick

How about the rotor from a Blackhawk and just trim it a little?
The five blade rotor from a Seaking would look cool if it was trimmed.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

piko1

ok now after i made a new rotor Bell 670  a like but rotating clockwise ( the original is rotating counter clockwise ) and i have the 2 blade original rotor
i dont know which to chose for the build ( i may build a second cobra later ) the 4 blade or the 2 blade since they both looks sexy on it

here is the cobra with the unfinished 4 blade rotor  ;D

ps. merged some posts

kerick

In keeping with your original idea the two blade might make more sense. Personally I think the four blade looks pretty cool. Tough choice.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

piko1

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

The radar nose (?) looks nice. Reminds me of a "Heli-Hunter" AH-1 I did many years ago - had a pointed nose (from an F-18, IIRC), a wheeled landing gear (AH-64 style), a three-blade rotor and He 162 wings - plus a scratched fenestron, too. Did not survive, though.

piko1

Actually it's the FLIR not radar it needs some more work :drink:

Dizzyfugu

Looks good, neveretheless. IIRC I built the fenestron housing with 3 or four layers of 1-1.5mm styrene sheet, glued together as a massive block, into which I drilled a hole and widened it. As rotor I used the fan from a BMW801 engine, the rest is blurred and shrouded in the mists of history... was pretty rough. Europe One livery, based on a damaged Matchbox AH-1G; that thing was built certainly more than 20 years ago. If there were pics, these would be analogue, anyway.  ;)

sandiego89

I'd say twin blade if you are sticking with a single engine, four blade if you are upping the power/going with a twin pack engine- but either would look great.

The curved exhaust Cobras look great as well.

Really nice work on the tail Fenstrom.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

The four blade rotor looks good, whatever you decide it'll be cool. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

I like the 4 bladed look for sure.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

That looks great! Fantastic job on the rotor!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

jsport