B-70 Valkyrie

Started by Deino, October 11, 2004, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Based on an overall length of around 196' (with boom), a 1/48 Valkyrie would be about 49" long.  Which would make it nearly 13" longer than the 1/48 B-1B.

So right around 4' should be fairly accurate at 1/48, if that actual length is reasonably correct.  Does anyone have more accurate figures?  I'm just curious.

There still wouldn't be anywhere to put it once it's finished (besides a museum), and just think of the amount of paint that sucker would drink up!

elmayerle

QuoteWish I still had my old Lindberg one.  :(  The black w/ red would really stand out.
Lindberg, to the best of my recollection did two small B-70 kits.  One was of the B-70 itself, the other was of a single-vertical-finned SST based on the B-70.  The difference, other than in the veticals, was in the decals.  So which was this?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

mwf4nut

QuoteJust found at: http://www.jsfedwards.com/b70.html

Enjoy it !  

Deino    :D
I've got pictures of the camo version I did several years ago, but the #$%^#@ system won't let me post a picture!
Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies simply because they become fashion.  G.K. Chesterton

Gary

QuoteHow about a UPS delivery plane? ;)

Matt B)
How about FedEx...

When it's absolutely positively gotta get there, before it actually leaves here! :P  
Getting back into modeling

John Howling Mouse

Man, if the old AMT kits on eBay weren't so over-priced, that Space Shuttle carrying variant would be cool on the shelf...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cbhusky

How about a red and green Christmas colored XB-70 with a Santa pilot in the cockpit?  :lol:

Didn't anybody ever wonder how those toys got to all those kids so fast?  

Hobbes

QuoteHow about a UPS delivery plane? ;)

Matt B)
How about FedEx...

When it's absolutely positively gotta get there, before it actually leaves here! :P
With their rates they should be able to afford one...

Bryan H.

How'zabout a few "Mistel" versions...  B-70's topped off with one or two F-104's, F-100's, F-4's, F-84F's, F-101's; name your 60's-era US fighter!   B)

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Davey B

Nah Bryan, gotta be an A-11  :D  

Bryan H.

OK, should have thought of this before but where's the supersonic floatplane strategic bomber version?  :wacko:   US Navy floatplane B-70's in the WWII tri-color (dk. sea blue, intermediate blue-grey & white/lt. grey) scheme.  :)

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

uk 75

Just bought the Specialty Press Book that Tony Landis mentions on his website. Fantastic value at 25 quid and includes stuff about the F108 as well.  Only shame is that a really good section on B70s with Skybolt only has very small pictures of a version with underwing Skybolts in early 60s SAC livery.

Motorbooks in London (St Martin's Lane or thereabouts)

Did I mention my squadron of Micromachine B70s...

UK 75

elmayerle

QuoteJust bought the Specialty Press Book that Tony Landis mentions on his website. Fantastic value at 25 quid and includes stuff about the F108 as well.  Only shame is that a really good section on B70s with Skybolt only has very small pictures of a version with underwing Skybolts in early 60s SAC livery.

Motorbooks in London (St Martin's Lane or thereabouts)

Did I mention my squadron of Micromachine B70s...

UK 75
'Tis an excellent book, as Throvic will tell you I've raved before in IM's. :D  The F-108 chaprter is fascinating but my only "nit" with it is that it doesn't have anything about Lockheed's competing designs.  All in all, though, an absolutely fascinating book. Though you do need the "Warbird Tech" book on the B-70 to better appreciate the SST testbed proposals (even better, the article on these in APR).

Oh, Tophe would love some of the twin-boom Boeing designs.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

mwf4nut

QuoteHow'zabout a few "Mistel" versions...  B-70's topped off with one or two F-104's, F-100's, F-4's, F-84F's, F-101's; name your 60's-era US fighter!   B)
Given the size of the beast, I could see a B-58 sitting on top. :huh:  Or maybe a F-111....oh the possiblities are endless!
Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies simply because they become fashion.  G.K. Chesterton

Swamphen

Mistels...you had to mention Mistels...

:wub:

imatt88

Yeah,  I could see a B-70 carring a "Mistel" B-58 piggyback.  That would be way cool!

Cheers,    Ian