B-70 Valkyrie

Started by Deino, October 11, 2004, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 12, 2009, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Damian2 on May 12, 2009, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 12, 2009, 03:43:05 PM
Quote from: Damian2 on May 12, 2009, 03:36:05 PMPaint the thing desert pink...or just plain pink...
Not pink, but mauve!  Perhaps with a metallic mauve underside to reflect the nuclear flash :^)

With double sivler yellow polka dots as a visual camo to disrupt USSR invision devices!

You really should not be discussing on-going classified projects such as this on this forum.  As you know PAVE BLUR is still a black program and we could very well come under investigation for even mentioning this program name or concept. 

I metioned the war once but I think I got away with it!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

philp

So I was in my LHS yesterday and they have this 1/300 scale kit from Academy for $5.50.  While I didn't pick it up (yet) I wondered how big it would be.  According to the web, it should be about 7" long and 4" wingspan.  Found some drawings and it looks like it could be scaleoramaed into 1/72nd for a high speed interceptor concept (possibly for the Test & Experimental GB).

So, the cockpit may be a tight fit but probably would add a bubble canopy to it.  Modify the engines from 6 to just 2 and if I put it gear down, find some replacement gear.  Bomb bay becomes a missile bay, probably for a Genie or maybe just add Sparrows.

Any other ideas?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

redstar72

Quote from: philp on August 22, 2010, 09:16:20 PM
Modify the engines from 6 to just 2

The Academy 1/300 Valkyrie is rather a toy. It's very simple and incorrect. And, instead of 6 engine nozzles, it has 9!
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

GTX

How about a 1/72 one scale-o-rammed into a 1/48 interceptor or even subscale demonstrator (this could even be a contender for the Test & Experimental GB)?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!