B-70 Valkyrie

Started by Deino, October 11, 2004, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel Chicken

Quote from: Bryan H. on January 28, 2005, 10:13:48 AM
How'zabout a few "Mistel" versions...  B-70's topped off with one or two F-104's, F-100's, F-4's, F-84F's, F-101's; name your 60's-era US fighter!   B)

:cheers: Bryan
If I remember right there's a picture in Tony Landis/Dennis Jenkins' book that has an X-15-3 (the proposed version with the delta wing) being launched from the back of a Valkyrie in the same style as the D-21 drone of the back of the M-21........

GTX

That would be this one?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MartG

Quote from: Sentinel Chicken on January 09, 2008, 08:11:15 PMin the same style as the D-21 drone of the back of the M-21........

.....or not, given that the M-12 crashed after being hit by a just-launched D-21  :o
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Mike Wren

the Anigrand 1/144 kit contains that X-15 & a pylon for fitting it

SPINNERS

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 10, 2008, 05:29:10 AM
As one of the few here who has actually built an XB70 in 72nd, I'd advise anyone to think again before gettiong the AMT kit.  It's an utter fuzzy bunny to build and an even worse fuzzy bunny to store and transport.

Thankfully, I don't have it any more.

Was it you who bought mine off ebay about 5 years ago?

superhornet1015

OK OK OK, how about one with Coast Guard markings on it,when they have to chase after the go-fast boats, I can see it now..........A druggie go-fast boat slamming threw the water and coming up fast behind it at low level is the B-70, Oh yea, that would look sweet.

Pete

MartG

Quote from: SPINNERS on January 11, 2008, 01:46:46 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 10, 2008, 05:29:10 AM
As one of the few here who has actually built an XB70 in 72nd, I'd advise anyone to think again before gettiong the AMT kit.  It's an utter fuzzy bunny to build and an even worse fuzzy bunny to store and transport.

Thankfully, I don't have it any more.

Was it you who bought mine off ebay about 5 years ago?

Might have been me - I picked one up off ebay about that time. Still haven't built it though, but may do soon - after the A-12 Attacker, F-108 Rapier, Arado E.555, ....... :rolleyes:

I have built one before, about 15 years ago - took a lot of filler and paint as I recall  :rolleyes:
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

elmayerle

So which 1/72 B-70 is less headache to build, the Contrail vac-form or the AMT kit.   I think I've got both in the (now very) remote southern storage.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

rlee61

Anyone have any good what if pics of an XB-70 out there? Currently building one. I am think of doing mine into an SR-70 version, all black, but i am not sure if that is the way for me to go. If I did it, what shade of black would I use, and should I go with some SR-71 decals. If there any pics please post, so I can be inspired!!!!!

PR19_Kit

Dark black always works.......... :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

The SR-71 was painted a very dark blue (sure my JMN handy dandy paint chip chart has it someplace) but I always just painted it Flat Black.

Did a quick google under B-70 and...nothing but white.

Can go with any of the bomber schemes worn by the Buff or Bone (SEA, SAC, Gunship Grey, etc).  Did Mav do a bunch of profiles of different countries?  Seem to recall a RAF in Desert Tan.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

pyro-manic

NASA test ship
Raspberry Ripple
Mothership with a spaceplane or waverider piggybacking on top
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Runway ? ...

IIRC the official colour for an SR-71 is Indigo Blue. Getting paint to stick in a high temperature environment is troublesome to say the least. I seem to remember that Concordes Pepsi paintjob was speed restricted. Of course that just means that anything other than white(which wouldn't stick at first anyway) on an XB-70 makes it a whiff. 

I vote for UK mid east air transport command groovy sandy paint ;)

cthulhu77

NMF top, with a black belly.  Tint the top a slightly blue cast...that should rock pretty well.

Daryl J.

Paul Bunyan is rumored to have used the AMT kit as a toothpick. 

Daryl J., who has seen a tire from the XB-70 project....what a wierd metallic thing that was.