RAF Trainer Yellow

Started by NARSES2, March 30, 2015, 06:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 02, 2015, 08:27:44 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 02, 2015, 07:03:45 AM
Tin of Broom Yellow purchased from Sutton Halfords yesterday which is the only local'ish Halfords you don't need a car to get to. Lucky I was in Sutton for lunch  :thumbsup:

Where DO they get the names from?

There was once a BL colour called 'Torque Grey' that was actually reddish brown. Eh?  :unsure:

Madame Rheged informs me that the flowers of  broom bushes (Planta Genista)  are yellow.  That's where the Plantagenet dynasty got their name, they used Broom as their symbol-----ah, the joys of marrying a research Botanist who reads historical novels!!!

I take exception to Land Rover "Orkney Grey"  as a name.  It should be "Orcadian Green"  as I'm sure another contributor  to this forum will agree.

I once had a little Fiat 128 estate whose colour was described as ROSSO OSSIDO and to my surprise  and delight cheap red oxide primer matched it perfectly.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Fiat 127s should have been supplied in 'Rust Red'!

A buddy of mine had one and he complained that it '...steered funny...' so I had a look at it. The rear suspension spring front perches just didn't exist, they'd rusted to nothing! The only thing that was holding the rear axle in position was that the spring shackles had also rusted solid and were pushing the rear wheels along!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on April 02, 2015, 03:12:12 PM

Madame Rheged informs me that the flowers of  broom bushes (Planta Genista)  are yellow.  That's where the Plantagenet dynasty got their name, they used Broom as their symbol-----ah, the joys of marrying a research Botanist who reads historical novels!!!

The delights of this site  ;D I knew the Plantagenet's used the Broom flower as their symbol but didn't realise the dynasty name came from the plant. The delights of a classical education which we didn't get at Ashburton Secondary Modern for Boys  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.