TallEng's Typhoon

Started by TallEng, April 03, 2015, 11:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

Well, throwing common sense to the wind and despite night shift this weekend :rolleyes:
This is what I'm going to try and finish within the one week ( ought to be doable)
Providing I don't procrastinate or butterfly off to another idea :o
So.. The kit; its Airfix's new Typhoon.

And of course the all important reference material,

To be ignored as required  :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

For a moment I thought you were doing the 1/24 one! In a WEEK?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2015, 03:29:27 PM
For a moment I thought you were doing the 1/24 one! In a WEEK?  :o

Bawah!  ;D :lol: technically i suppose that would be possible....
But unlikely.
I expect Dizzy could knock one out in about ooh! 2/3days :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

Interesting....lots of RW refs going on !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

There's a new Airfix Tiffy? Wasn't aware of that!

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2015, 02:07:46 AM
There's a new Airfix Tiffy? Wasn't aware of that!

And very nice it is to
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

Update before I go to work :rolleyes:
Some grey-green paint on the interior.
Not happy about the Colour ( it's Revell Aqua grey-green)
So possibly it's supposed to represent a Luftwaffe Colour?
Anyway it's too late now  :unsure:

TTFN
Keith

Captain Canada

Yes, those kits are gorgeous.....lots of extra bits as well.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

I didn't like the interior grey-green I'd painted, so a quick repaint was in order with a more suitable shade ;D

then it was onto assembly:

A cautionary note of caution for future assemblers of the Typhoon- read the instructions ;D
or you'll end up cutting off tabs that are supposed to help the top of the wing glue to the fuselage!

Regards
Keith

NARSES2

Coming along nicely

Quote from: TallEng on April 08, 2015, 08:23:21 AM

A cautionary note of caution for future assemblers of the Typhoon- read the instructions ;D
or you'll end up cutting off tabs that are supposed to help the top of the wing glue to the fuselage!

A few of the new tool Airfix kits require you read the instructions. Been caught out once or twice myself  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

Meanwhile....
I'm waiting for the paint to dry :banghead:

It's the gloriously glossy Xtracolour :thumbsup: but i seem to be having all sorts of troubles with it this time,
its been going on very thin and is taking an age to dry :unsure: normally it drys overnight, but this morning its
still tacky enough to take finger prints!!
Oh well later maybe :rolleyes:

Regards
Keith

PR19_Kit

Zap it with a coat of Klear. That seems to dry Xtracolors in double quick time, at least it has for me in the past.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Love that colour combo. I really need to build somat in that scheme...perhaps a Harrier. Really coming along now, and thanks for the tip about the wing tabs. I'll have to check the kit I was test fitting and see if I haven't already chopped them off ! lol

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

Well; I've failed at the Final Furlong :rolleyes:
That's life.
Of course it didn't help that I went out Saturday night and didn't get back until early..... :drink: :party:
anyway this is were I got to, photo's taken while the Decals/Transfers were still wet with Microset.

It still needs Drop tanks, Rockets and a final coat of Satin/Matt varnish.

Regards
Keith

Weaver

Well at least you got a good-looking model out of it. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones