Sea Hawk Rhinoplasty

Started by Glenn Gilbertson, April 04, 2015, 04:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Gilbertson

Thanks, Nick Oh, Fire Orange! Yes, stir as I might, lumpy & streaky. Took seven coats, all rubbed down with at least 12 hours between coats until the sun came out to speed things up. Yellow bands wouldn't have been so interesting, though.

Weaver

When I've done dayglo, I've use a spray paint from a car shop. Gives a good colour, but the spray is very dusty and gets everywhere. The painted surface is dusty too, so you have to decide to clear coat it immedately if you want the slightly matt look, or rub ALL of it down carefully, because it looks very different when you rub the surface dust off.

You could pretty much do the four-seat Seahawk or Hunter by just siamesing two two-seater front ends together. If you don't want to use up two Hunter kits, another good source of a four-seater canopy is the old Revell/Monogram AD-5 Skyraider, which can be picked up very cheaply.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Didn't want to distract from your thread Glenn, but the picture code still isn't quite right. It should be like this:

[IMG]web address of image[/IMG]

That way you don't get extraneous bits of gobbldigook around the images. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones