RAF Blizzard

Started by markmarples, April 10, 2015, 11:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markmarples

Its been a while since I whiffed so here goes

In 1985 the RAF was on the hunt for there new ground attack aircraft, however there plan to continue with the Harrier programme in to the GR5 and above hit a stumbling block when BAe announced that the harrier could not carry the weight of ordnance the RAF specified, Hence the decision was made to down scale the amount of Harriers the RAF would get and supplement these with the american designed A-10 however for use in the RAF this was extensively modified and only a 2 seat version was purchased giving the 'Blizzard' an ALL weather all condition ability

Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

Hornet97

:o Holy smokes that looks amazing love the loadout. :tank:

Glenn Gilbertson

That is truly magnificent - and a convincing backstory. :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

wow, she's a beauty  :thumbsup:
nice work!
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Army of One

Oh......wow.......that....is.......stunning......I love pic 3 and the detail on the cockpit frame...... :bow:.......and of course the loadout..... :wub:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

markmarples

Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

Gorgeous. Great finish on this one. Love the weapons load as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Outstanding all around! Paint job is awesome and the shading is nice and subtle. Its plain to see you put as much effort into the ordnance as the rest of the kit.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

I've always found the two seater to be relatively unattractive. You've proved me wrong there. Lovely model  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

markmarples

thanks Chaps im happy with her
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

Hobbes

Very nice, and plausible to boot.

kitbasher

terrific finish, well done  :bow:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Oh well done, that's looks very good!  :thumbsup:

By sheer coincidence, I bought single and two-seat A-10s today with the intention of making them RAF. Significantly different concept to your's though.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones