Hasegawa 1/20 Ma.K Grosser Hund

Started by MichelC, April 13, 2015, 03:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelC

Thanks, NARSES2!

Next is decalling and then the weathering party will start!  :party:

M

MichelC

Time for the decals. That round emblem on the convex surface took quite some sweet talking to get it to conform. I used Daco Strong as a decal softener. Worked well but one has to be careful. It should be swished over the decal with a brush rather than left to soak as it will melt the paint around the decal right down to the primer. Don't ask me how I know...   ;D

What's a decaling session without creating some custom decals, eh?  :mellow: Here's how to make a red placard with white lettering and a metallic border. Apply red square onto piece of aluminum tape (first primed with transparent metal primer). Then apply white lettering onto red square. The lettering came from the kit's stencils, which Haseg furnishes in both black and white, a nice touch.

Cut out the placard slightly larger than the red square and, voila!

Once all the decals were in place I inflicted some damage, as usual, with a hobby knife.

Last but not least, all decals were post-shaded with the base color to fade them and integrate them with the model.

M

PR19_Kit

Looks like the front suspension of an F1 car!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

martinbayer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2015, 03:31:37 PM

Kit,

knowing how the original models were created, that might very well be their provenience ;D...

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

MichelC

Quote from: martinbayer on December 28, 2015, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2015, 03:31:37 PM

Kit,

knowing how the original models were created, that might very well be their provenience ;D...

Martin

Yep, possible. I haven't checked into the Grosser Hund archeology but I'll have a look and see if there're F1 parts in there.

M

MichelC

Finished! I really was pressed for time so no step-by-step pics, just the final product.

So here is the Grosser Hund Desert Battalion Medic!

Captain Canada

Great job ! Love the weathering and all of the details. Great selection of pics to really get a feel for the kit. Excellent work.

:cheers: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Awesome job, Michel, but the Big Dog needs a little cask of "medicinal" brandy under its chin. :thumbsup: ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Your weathering and wear is just a joy to behold.
:bow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 16, 2016, 08:21:55 PM
Your weathering and wear is just a joy to behold.
:bow:

You can say that again  :bow: :bow:

I've never really understood the genre ever since I saw the first kits in the early 70's but I can appreciate superb modelling
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.